Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $999.99
QuestionI've heard there are odor issue with Bosch dishwashers. Has this been resolved in this model
- Answer I have had mine for 18 mos, and it definitely has a horrible odor. Every week you have to clean the drain, and use some type of odor deterent. Major turnoff
- Answer 06,17/2020 I would like the manufacturer to answer my question regarding this unit having or creating bad odors. (MODEL # SHPM65Z52N) IF THERE IS AN ODER, WHAT IS CREATING IT? The only answer I have received seems to be from the same person.
- Answer Yes. It is the only brand that has adjustable pegs underneath. It can fit 33’’
QuestionCan you view the LED display while the dishwasher is in use to know how much longer the cycle is?
- Answer No, the display is hidden. There is, however, a small light that shines on the floor to let you know when it’s running. I haven’t found myself wishing that there was a front display, it’s a FANTASTIC dishwasher
- Answer If you make sure the discharge hose (drain hose) is at the recommended height (usually 1 or 2 feet above the drain pipe, or garage disposal drain connection) you should be ok. However, some local plumbing codes (which depends on where you live) may still require an air gap. If you are installing it yourself here is a good install video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU2QWvnEpRo
- Answer Hi Mumu3nh, thank you for your question. Per the Use and Care Manual for Model:SHPM65Z55N here is the information on cleaning the filter: Depending on use habits and water hardness, the filter system will require some maintenance to sustain premium cleaning performance. Your filter system may need to be cleaned when: You notice food soils remaining on the filter system or objects trapped in the Large Object Trap. A drop in cleaning performance or a gritty film forms on the dishware. When washing normally attached food soils that have been scraped before loading, in a household that runs the dishwasher every other day, your filter should be cleaned: 3-6 times a year for light to average use. 8-12: times a year for heavy use. Note: Clean the filter system after washing loads with large amounts of food soils or loads with a heavy starch content, like potatoes and pasta, to maintain optimal performance.
QuestionDo I need to buy installation kit? I saw few messages that Bosch sends it with the dishwasher.
- Answer Hi Vic. Thank you for your question. The 500 Series Dishwasher, Model:SHPM65Z56N does include the drain hose and kickplate, however you will need an installation kit.
- Answer Yes it is...
QuestionJust bought this model. Instructions say not to use Stainless Steel cleaner on fingerprint resistant model - is this model fingerprint resistant? (Model: SHPM65Z55N) +
- Answer We just use a damp micro fiber cloth to wipe the front of the dishwasher and dry it with around micro fiber cloth.
QuestionHow many inches should the 500 dishwasher (model SHPM65Z55N) open with AutoAir? My new machine opens about 1/2 inch; looks at least two inches on the Bosch video. Does this model come with a vapor barrier to attach to the underside of the cabinet?
- Answer Hi mrmrsclean, thank you for your question and purchase of Model: SHPM65Z55N. The AutoAir Option should open the Dishwasher approximately 1.5 inches. This Dishwasher does include a protective guard to help protect cabinetry. Please contact our Customer Support Team at 1-800-944-2904 for questions regarding either of these.
QuestionWhen installing, 90 deg elbow fitting is needed for the inlet water line in back. Instruction image shows elbow pointing left which is great for sinks that are to right of d/w. My sink is to the left. Did folks switch the direction of elbow vs image?
- Answer When you tighten the elbow on, you can position it that way too. However, there is less space then since the inlet is closer to that side of the washer. If you have enough space behind the washer, then you do not need the elbow. I installed it with an elbow, but could have done a straight back hose too! Might have been better - one less connector to leak!
- Answer Hi bigron, thank you for your question. The 800 Series offers an additional Wash Cycle, Touch Control and CrystalDry, which will dry your dishes 60% better. The 500 Series has Button Controls and our AutoAir Option, which allows the door to open when the interior cools to 118 degrees to dry your dishes 30% better.
- Answer Hi bubba, thank you for your question. The racks on the 500 Series Dishwasher are galvanized steel with two layers of nylon coating.
QuestionWhat is the maximum height of a dinner plate that will fit in this dishwasher bottom rack without the spray Arm hitting it?
- Answer According to the manual for the Bosch 500 series, the lower rack can handle large plates up to 12.6 in (32 cm) in diameter. That would be with the middle rack set in the top position (1 of 3). The middle rack in position 2 allows plates of 11.8 in (30 cm) and in the lowest, position 3, plates of 10.6 in (27 cm). Hope this helps.
QuestionDoes this model (B0sch 500 Series 24" Top Control Built-in) )offer leak prevention equal to or superior to 24/7 Aquastop that is offered in less expensive models?
- Answer Hi RobP. Thank you for your question. The 500 Series Pocket Handle Dishwasher does have the 24/7 AquaStop. That is offered in all of our 300, 500, 800 and 800 Premium models. The Ascenta and 100 Series all have the 24/7 Overflow Protection.
- Answer Hi Aspen, thank you for your question and interest in Model:SHPM65Z56N. This Dishwasher is not fingerprint resistant.
QuestionI measured that my dishwasher space opening entry height is 33.80 inches, only 0.06 inches shorter than the unit height in the spec, but 1 inch into the entry, the height is very generous. Will This Bosch 500 Series unit (SHPM65Z55N) fit? Thanks!
- Answer Hi Wilson, thank you for your question and interest in Model:SHPM65Z55N. The Required cutout size (HxWxD) (in) 33 7/8" x 23 5/8" x 24" has the same height requirement as the unit.
Questionwhere is the large object trap which has to be removed to clean the filter ? Does the dishwasher have to be pulled out or moved in any way ?
- Answer The trap and filter is at the bottom of the dishwasher just below the bottom rack. You simply twist and pull.