Questions & Answers
QuestionI am replacing my current BOSCH for this model, my panel dimension are: 23 1/2 " x 30"H, will they fit on this machine? Can I change the handle, I have not seen the back on my current machine, we just bought the house and had this machine.
- Answer Hi Nancy. Thank you for your question. In order to compare the new Model:SGV68U53UC panel sizing and your current Bosch panel dimensions, please reach out to our Customer Support Team for help. They can be reached at 1-800-944-2904.
- Answer I bought mine last summer and it does not. I wish I would have waited for a model with that feature. Not sure about 2020 models but you definitely want that feature!
QuestionDoes this dishwasher have the feature that opens the door automatically when the cycle is finished to allow humidity to escape and fresh air to enter?
- Answer Hi Kat. Thank you for your question. The Bosch 500 Series has the Auto Air option that opens the dishwasher door automatically when the interior of the dishwasher cools to 118 degrees F. The models that have that feature are SHPM65Z55N and SHXM65Z55N. We do not have that model available with a Custom Panel Ready door.
QuestionIf the height is 32 1/16 inches, is it much smaller inside than standard dishwashers? I need a 33 in or less dishwasher but don't want it to feel small. If the load capacity is much less, how does a third rack fit?
- Answer It is a standard size dish washer inside. The 3rd rack is very narrow and used for utensils. It has great capacity in the other 2 racks and the very top shallow rack can be removed. I use it daily for utensils, large knives, spatulas, etc.
- Answer Hi Janie. Thank you for your question. The model number for the 24 inch panel ready, ADA compliant Dishwasher is SGV68U53UC.
- Answer Hi there. Thank you for your question. Here are the Custom Panel Requirements: Do not exceed 30 1/8” (765mm) for the overall front panel length Needs to be at least 3/4” thick Minimum weight is 9 lbs. and maximum weight is 18 lbs. For further information, please contact our Customer Support Team at 1-800-944-2904.
QuestionIs the handle that is shown on the panel interchangeable with other cabinet handles or is this one made differently and you must use this one?
- Answer Hi Brooke. Thank you for your question. You can choose the handle for the 800 Series Custom Panel Dishwasher.
- Answer No, you need to provide your own panel which matches the cabinets in your kitchen. Best to contact your kitchen cabinet maker and have them either order a custom panel (standard size which is 24" wide). Then you have to have the panel finished in the same paint or stain as your kitchen cabinets. If your cabinet maker can either order or make the panel and finish it that would be ideal. My cabinet maker had to send the panel out to a paint finisher which too extra time and expense. Then you have to get tech to install the panel. Custom panels will end up costing you as much or more than the appliance in most situations.
QuestionWe plan on attaching a panel to this but may not have the panel for a few weeks. Is the dishwasher operable without the panel?
- Answer Yes, it operates fine without a panel.
- Answer See the attached found online at Bosch