Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $1,149.99
QuestionDoes this unit come supplied with a Bosch quick-start kit including the special junction box power cord, drain hose and water line or do those items need to be purchased separately for installation?
- Answer The delivery men charged me an extra charge of $80 for the electrical box and power cord installation. This was a charge on top of the installation charge by the retail store.
QuestionThe spec lists the cut-out height of the dishwasher as 33.9", but the unit has adjustable feet. Is the 33.9" the height with the foot at their highest or lowest height? Also, what is the play in the adjustable feet? Thanks. Perry
- Answer Yes, 33.9" is the height with the foot at their highest.
Questionwhat are the advantages or disadvantages to front controls or hidden controls other than looks?
- Answer PRO: They are hidden from kids who want to push the buttons. Also it has a better look. CON: there is a led that shines on the floor to let you know it’s running and the Door beeps when it closes. Your just not sure how far along you are at a glance. It’s easy to restart but you need to interrupt the cycle.
QuestionDo Bosch dishwashers with the CrystalDry feature smell at the end of the drying cycle after the door is opened?
- Answer Yes, they do. I don't know where the odor comes from. I thought it might've been just because it was a new dishwasher, but now that we have had it for about 2 months, the odor is still there.
- Answer The black stainless finish doesn't show obvious fingerprints like a stainless finish would. But, if it gets liquids or semi solids on it, like jelly or gravy, the stains show and it needs to be wiped off to look great again.
Question1) Can I open the door to add dishes at the beginning of the cycle? 2) My first one I cleaned the drain, per the manual, and it still smelled. How do I not have a smelly dishwasher? 3) I dislike top buttons but this was the only unit available.
- Answer Hi k9erthlvr, thank you for your question. Yes, you can quickly open the door and add dishes at the beginning of the cycle. One recommendation is to clean the filter per the Use and Care Manual. Here is the link for the Manual:https://media3.bosch-home.com/Documents/9001411179_D.pdf. Another recommendation is to use FINISH® Machine Cleaner with 5X POWER ACTIONS once a month, or as soon as you notice build up in your dishwasher. Clean, freshen, and help maintain your dishwasher, while cleaning even the hidden parts.
- Answer Hi marie. Thank you for your question. Model:SHPM78Z54N does not have a hard food disposer. Bosch dishwashers do not have or need a "garbage disposal" since Bosch dishwashers have a three stage filtration process which removes 100% of food particles from the wash water. Plus, the up to 162 degree wash and rinse water softens and breaks down foods. In fact, Bosch recommends users DO NOT PRE-RINSE your dishes prior to placing into dishwasher, simply scrap off the larger food debris and place "dirty" dishes into the dishwasher. The remaining food activates the enzymes in today's detergents for maximum cleaning results.
QuestionStainless, most other brands reference print free or smudge proof. Is this stainless a fingerprint magnet?
- Answer Hi Kurt. Thank you for your question. Model:SHPM78Z55N is not fingerprint resistant, and will hold a magnet.
QuestionIs the recessed pocket handle just a physical handle, meaning there's not recessed button/mechanical latch?
- Answer Correct - it is just a recessed opening - no latches or buttons to push. All of the controls are on the top panel. I recently purchased this one after having a Bosch with a handle. I didn't think I would like the recessed handle as much, but it really gives it a sleeker built in look.
- Answer Yes. The basket is removable. You can also take out the very top try which would be used for silverware as well.
- Answer Hi Horsevegas, thank you for your question regarding Model:SHPM78Z54N. The handle is made from plastic, however Bosch continually makes upgrades and this was updated not long ago and is quite improved.
QuestionMy 800 series purchased in 07/ 2018 has a sucking sound in the filter unit when not running. It comes on sometimes and then shuts off. When on' none of the controls work on top of the front door.
- Answer Hi snuffy, thank you for your question. Please reach to our Customer Support Team at 1-800-944-2904 for help with this issue.
Questionhow to adjust the rack
- Answer Hi doshi, thank you for your question. If you are asking about adjusting the middle rack on Model:SHPM78Z55N, here are the instructions: RackMatic®: The height of the middle rack can be adjusted in 3 steps to create more space. 1. Pull the upper rack out of the dishwasher until it stops. 2. To lower the rack, push the RackMatic® lever inward. 3. To raise the rack, hold the basket on the sides of the upper rack and lift it up. The dishwasher can also be run with the middle rack tilted, which gives you 9 positions for that rack.
- Answer Wil07, I don't know how wood paneling is typically attached to a dishwasher, so I'll just take a couple of guesses and give you some observations. The front panel of the dishwasher is a single piece of stainless steel, bent to wrap around the sides. The steel is slightly textured, but it's pretty smooth. On the front panel there are electronics and soap/rinse-aide reservoirs. I'd be hesitant to attach the wood paneling with screws without verifying that all screw locations were safe. The entire top edge of the of the front panel has electronics on it, so screws would be a non-starter on the top. I'd be hesitant to use adhesive to attached wood to the dishwasher. First, I'm not sure you'd get a good bond from adhesive to steel. Second, moisture plays havoc with adhesives. However, there are no steam vents on this front panel, or on any of the sides. It only vents steam when opening/closing the door, and that isn't very much. Hope that helps. BTW, it's also a great dishwasher.
QuestionThe quick start guide under "Causes of Damage" says, "Detergent will destroy the water softening system! Never pour detergent into the salt dispenser." What is it talking about? I couldn't find "salt dispenser" or "water softening system" anywhere else.
- Answer Typo? Did you find the right manual online? Mine doesn't have a salt dispenser or a water softening system either.
- Answer Hi Harley, thank you for your question. Yes, Model:SHPM78Z55N does have a rinse aid dispenser and we highly recommend the use of rinse aid.