Questions & Answers
- QuestionNeed to know the difference between Bose® - 251® Environmental Speakers and Bose® - 151® Environmental Speakers (1 Answer)Answers
If you are looking for quality speakers that you can use outside, then the Bose 151 and the Bose 251 are both good options to meet your need. Made by one of the leaders in the home speaker marketplace, these two models have a lot to offer. To help you decide if the Bose 151 or the Bose 251 is right for you, we’ve compared the two outside speakers in the categories of features, audio, what’s included and dimensions. Features The Bose 151 and the Bose 251 are both a two speaker system designed to withstand the environmental challenges of using speakers outside. Both have undergone environmental testing which has exposed the speakers to sunlight, heat, rain, ice, water and salt. Because Bose understands you might not want to have your speakers take up valuable table space, both the Bose 151 and the Bose 251 come with weather-resistant brackets and hardware so that you can place your speakers on outdoor walls and know that all of the mechanics will be able to withstand the elements. Audio Both the Bose 151 and the Bose 251 have the same articulated array speaker display which means that the drivers are positioned to provide a large sound field, which is needed for outdoor listening. The biggest difference between the Bose 151 and the Bose 251 is in the woofers. The Bose 151 has 3 drivers that measure 2.5 inches each while the Bose 251 has 2 5.25 inch drivers in each speaker. The Bose 251 speakers boast a more powerful bass. What’s Included The Bose 151 comes with the 2 speakers as well as a number of pieces to mount the speakers themselves. These pieces include 2 mounting brackets, 2 bracket locking screws, 2 bracket to speaker screws, 4 wood screws, 2 lock washers, 4 ¼ inches lock washers and 4 wall anchors. The Bose 251 comes with the 2 speakers as well as mounting hardware. This hardware includes 8 screws, 8 plastic anchors, 4 knobs, 2 brackets and self-adhesive rubber feet. Bose also recommends purchasing speaker wire but this is not included in any of the purchases. Dimensions The Bose 151 speakers each measure 12.5 inches x 4.5 inches x 6 inches while the Bose 251 speakers each measure 13.5 inches x 5.8 inches x 8 inches. Both the Bose 151 and the Bose 251 come in either black or white. The Bose 151 can be mounted both vertically and horizontally while the Bose 251 can only be mounted vertically.
- QuestionIf I mount the Bose 251 speakers 12 ft high on two trees 30 ft apart and point them down to the degree permitted by the brackets, will I get good sound separation? (0 Answers)
- Questionare these bluetooth speakers that can connect to the amplifier, then to the adaptor? (1 Answer)
- QuestionWhat is the gauge wire that will work with these? Different sizes? (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionCan these speakers be mounted on a stand? Not attached the house but a free standing pedestal. Thanks (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionWill Best Buy stock the black Bose 251 speakers again? (0 Answers)
- QuestionCan I place this speaker inside a column post. I have an outdoor firepit with 3' columns with light and no long pole or mounting place. Planning to put this in a nook cut into the column. would this be effective soundwise? (1 Answer)Answers
Thanks for the question! While you could put it into a nook cut into the column, doing so may limit the amount of area that the speaker covers. We can definitely help you with the setup. Please call our technical support team at 800-380-4831 so that we may assist further. We are here to help Monday through Friday 9am to 9pm EST.
- QuestionAre the Bose 251 speakers available in black? (0 Answers)
- QuestionWill these Bose 251 speakers work in unison with Bose 151 Bluetooth (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionAre these speakers compatible to work with Soundtouch 20 ? Do I need any additional equipment? (1 Answer)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions