Questions & Answers
QuestionI have 301 bose speakers with 161 bose speakers in rear, what would be a good center speaker?
- Answer another set of 301's.
- Answer You will be able to draw enough base from the receiver adjustment. A sub woofer would unnecessarily distort the reflective acoustic properties of the speakers. But if you absolutely must? Any hi-quality powered sub will do.
QuestionShould I buy the Bose 301 system or start overI have a Sony surround sound system that came in a box, some middle ear deafness as a result of a hand grenade going off near me....I have had a really nice yamaha amp, and simple but good speakers in the past, will the 301 system improve what I have, or should I start over with components, and add speakers that fit those components? Seems like the surround systems are just trying to do too much at one time.
- Answer Bose speakers work best at 6 ohm impedance outputs from receiver. Purchasing a new receiver now usually has speaker impedance from 6 - 16,000 ohms and is worth the added cost to make these speakers pop.
QuestionCan I attached the Bose® 301 Series V Direct/Reflecting Speaker System directly to my Samsung LCD TV? or do I need a reciever?Bose® 301 Series V Direct/Reflecting Speaker System
- Answer Our 301 Series V speakers must be connected to an amplifier or receiver. They are compatible with receivers rated between 10 – 150 watts per channel and 4 – 8 ohms. Thanks!
QuestionNeed to know how much area will it covered?I am talking about approx 600 sq. feet area where I want to setup two bose 301 stereo speakers. but I do not have idea the capacity of the said speakers whether will it covered the same area with full sound or should I go for another BOSE speakers...
- Answer In my opinion, the Bose 301 speaker system will work fine for a 600 sq. ft. area. That works out to a room size of about 25 x 25. That being said, everything is relative. If you want ear-splitting sound, get a second pair and put them in all four corners. Sit in the middle of the room, and run them through a good quality amplifier. They will knock your socks off. For everyday listening, one pair will work just fine.
- Answer The Bose 301's are an excellent choice for an iPod speaker system. Deep, rich sound will fill your room!!
- Answer 150 watts per speaker .....
Question301 bose speakers set up help.I have bought a 301 reflective speakers from bose recently ,my book shelf is 7feet high can i place them above that , while my sitting position is about 3.5ft at a distance of 10 ft from the book shelf? my ceiling height would be 10ft.
- Answer You didn't mention what you want to use them for but they should work fine for music but how they will work for movies depends on position relative to the screen. Mine are higher than that and work great for music. They will fill a room with good quality sound although I wouldn't use them for a surround system due to the poor imaging (L-R separation).
- Answer In order for these speakers to connect to a computer, you would first need to have a separate amplifier or receiver to power the speakers. Then you could connect your computer into this receiver or amplifier using the audio output connection from your computer. One method to make this connection would be to plug a 3.5mm stereo male connector into the headphone output of your computer and then the other end of the cable would be a dual male RCA connector that can be plugged into an available input on the back of the receiver or amplifier. Thank you for the question!
I would recommend:
QuestionHow far apart should we place the 301V speakers for optimum sound quality? How high should they be mounted if we use wall brackets?
- Answer Thank you for reaching out to us for an answer. These are dependent on the size of the room. We are including a link to the owner's manual. Page 4 shows a diagram for optimal positioning. http://bit.ly/1LmAnxb
- Answer In order for these speakers to play the sound from your TV, you will first need to purchase a stereo or home theater receiver. The receiver would provide power for the speakers and it will also allow you to connect your TV sound so that it plays through the speakers. You will need to make sure that your TV has an audio output and also that the receiver has the same type of audio input connection. Thank you for the question!