Questions & Answers
QuestionDifference in sound quality with wifi streaming vs audio cableif I were to just use an audio cable to connect my iPad and play my pandora app would the sound quality be the same vs streaming it via wifi?
- Answer I listen to wifi radio with my iPhone and I have not heard any difference in sound. I will switch over to TV or PS3 and there is still no difference in sound. I hope this helps.
QuestionDo you need antenna' s for the Am-Fm radioI live in the shore area of New Jersey and the radio reception with my current shelf stereo is not too good.
- Answer Hi TK, Thanks for your inquiry. There are AM and FM antennas built into the system, but an external FM antenna is available from our technical support team. Please contact them at 1-800-380-4831 and they'll be happy to help. Thank you.
QuestionRegarding this one:Is there an output for earphones for use while exercising, or for connecting to speakers in another room?
- Answer Yes, there is a 3.5mm audio output jack on this model.
QuestionPlay multiple CDs at same time?I received the basic Bose Wave Sound System 3 months ago. Can the additional CD player pictured under the basic system play multiple (3 or more?) CDs at the same time?
- Answer Thank you for your question. The Wave SoundTouch system holds one CD at a time. The multi-CD changer accessory which holds an additional 3 CD's is available for the Wave Music System series III, though is not compatible with the Wave SoundTouch system. We hope this helps.
Questioncolor available in Pearl White?Do you have this unit in the 50th anniversary Pearl White color?
- Answer Thank you for your question. The limited edition high-gloss Pearl Wave SoundTouch system is available directly from Bose.
QuestionCan I hook up Bose wave external speakers?I own the Bose wave radio, CD and clock combination. It is about 6 years old. Now I want to hear it's great sound in another room and need to know if there is a way to attach speakers, or wireless speakers, or learn how to initiate Bluetooth. I'm a bit tech challenged. Can my unit adapt and bring my music into another room?
- Answer Hi Carol, Thank you for your question. If your system is 6 years old it sounds like you own the Wave Music System (non-SoundTouch variant). This was designed as a fully integrated system to provide great sound without needing additional speakers, and therefore extra speakers cannot be added for expansion. You may be interested in one of our SoundTouch speakers which connect to your home WiFi network. SoundTouch systems allow you to stream music wirelessly from various music services and music stored on your computer and also provide the option of expanding to multiple rooms of sound. The SoundTouch 20 Series II speaker for example can be seen here: http://bit.ly/1PiTVYg Thank you!