- Questiondo you use oil in this fryer (10 Answers)Answers
Most store bought items that have a bake option to simulate frying (fries, tater tots, breaded fish, chicken tenders, strips, patties, etc.) all have a small amount of oil already to help them crisp up when you bake them in the oven instead of deep frying. Those types of items do not really need to have any oil added at all and generally come out great as they are. For other types of items, like say you cut home made fries, it's better to add a small amount of oil. You don't submerge it in oil like a deep fryer or even sit it in a pool of oil. Just add a little coating / sprinkling to the outside of the food. What I find best for this is using olive oil in an oil spritzer bottle. They can be found at many favorite housewares or retailers on line. Put oil in, pump a few times, and you've got a fine mist aerosol of oil to lightly spray food. Cooking spray works too but can add unwanted flavors or chemicals to your food. Uncoated meats on their own don't require any added oil.
- Questionhow large is the basket, how many cups? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionHave you noticed any chipping of the finish on the basket. The one I have is a mess after 3 months. Much of the coating has blistered and peeled off. (6 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan you use batter with this such as fish or shrimp in beer batter? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan you put breaded fish or pork chops in the air fryer or even an egg and flour to coat? (5 Answers)
- QuestionDo you only cook one type of food at a time or can you do fries and chicken at the same time? (5 Answers)Answers
You can cook different types, however, be aware of their cooking time. The booklet that comes along has a list of times for each food. Also - the basket does not hold a ton of food. You may want to cook separately, then combine for last minute or so.
- QuestionWhen using a batter for fish or shrimp should you spray oil on the batter before putting it in the air fryer? (5 Answers)
- QuestionI need to know the wattage of this air fryer. (2 Answers)
- QuestionWe have tried potato chips but does not do 2 potatoes at once. Only some of them crisp. So in order to get the most chips it will only take six slices. Not great. How can we get it work right (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes it grill steaks, burgers and chicken ? (5 Answers)Answers
Yes, I have made hamburgers, steak and breaded baked chicken. the trick is knowing how long to cook. To little and the meat might not be right for you. Too much and the meat might be dry and overcooked. I put hamburger in on 350 for 20min, steak in on 350 for 20 min (1in thick gives you a medium rare cook) and chicken in on 350 for 30 min.
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions