- Answer They are recovering data from a laptop hard disk that died. It is not cheap so decide how much your data is worth to you.
QuestionHi, I have an external hard drive that doesn't want to turn on. I can hear it stutter but it won't turn on or show on a computer. I was wondering how much will it be to fix it?
- Answer I did not have a problem with an external hard drive but my laptop hard drive was corrupted a few years ago. Geek squad recovered the data on my hard drive and it cost around $500.00. It is expensive but it depends on how much your data means to you. It is a hard lesson but it spells out how important it is to back up your data to a reliable memory source.
QuestionThe photos on my Samsung Note 20 were not backed up and the phone was unintentionally factory reset. Does the Data Recovery Service include this type of recovery?
- Answer Ouch! That is painful. I would call the Geek Squad to ask. They recovered a lot of stuff off my crashed external hard drive. Expensive but worth the money to get my photos back.
QuestionWould you be able to recover/ help transfer the data/photos from the Hp Simplesave 1000h to some other place even when it is not compatible with Windows 10? I've tried running it through compatible windows 7 mode but the application will still not open.
- Answer Thanks for your question, Mary! We may be able to transfer your data to another external hard drive or computer, but we'd have to check out the drive first to be sure. Please visit www.geeksquad.com/schedule to set up a free consultation at your local Best Buy.
QuestionHow discrete are Geek squad workers? Do they look at our private files when recovering data from external hard drives?
- Answer Hi there. Thank you so much for your question! Geek Squad agents are held to very high standards regarding client privacy. They are not to look into private files while performing data transfers, recoveries, etc. I hope this helps out. If you have any specific questions with this, we'd love to hear it. You can reach out to your local Best Buy's Geek Squad or call us at (800) GEEK-SQUAD or (800) 433-5778.
QuestionI downloaded pictures from my iPhone to my Mac through iCloud and then deleted them off my iPhone and then they automatically deleted off my Mac as well. Can I go to an old backup on my phone to get the photos back or download a data recovery program?
- Answer Hi there, Maddie. Thanks for reaching out about this. I'm sorry to hear about what happened! If your iCloud was set to store previous backups, we may be able to "revert" those pictures back to the devices by going back to an older save. I hope this helps out! I'd recommend not saving any pictures until we look at it. This can lessen our chances of success. To get started, please visit www.geeksquad.com/schedule to set up a free consultation at your local Best Buy.
QuestionMy external drive makes a beeping noise and I cannot open my files. Can you recover the data or is there something else I need to do to retrieve my files? The external drive is a Seagate with 2TB. Thanks
- Answer Thanks for your question, Ally! We may be able to recover the data, but we’d want to check the external drive out first to be sure. Please visit www.geeksquad.com/schedule to set up a free consultation at your local Best Buy.
QuestionMy Iphone8 was stuck on the apple logo (tried button reset) eventually taking my phone to a local shop where the guy was able to fix it but couldn't retrieve any data bc of some corrupted data or chip. Would it have been the same if I got it fixed here?
- Answer Hi Jennie. Thank you for your question! It's hard to say without knowing the situation fully. However, there are situations like this where the only way to come out with a functioning phone is to reset the whole thing. This sometimes can mean losing data. If you would like, you can head into your local Best Buy store and talk to one of our mobile specialists to see if anything can be done. You can find information about your local store at www.bestbuy.com/storelocator.
QuestionMy computer crashed and I lost my e-mails with information. Are you able to retrieve e-mails? I believe Windows 7 . Thank you. Have a Blessed Day
- Answer Hi there. Thank you for reaching out to us about this. I'm very sorry to hear about what happened! We can absolutely try and see if we can retrieve your lost data. Let's get you into your local Best Buy for an appointment and we'll talk over what can be done. To get started, please visit www.geeksquad.com/schedule to set up a free consultation at your local Best Buy. Thank you and you as well! We look forward to seeing you.
Questioni have a external harddrive that i need to get files off becuse most i cant get anymore and i just need it to work so i can transfer the file over to my replacement harddrive
- Answer Thanks for reaching out, Greg! We may be able to help transfer your data off your external hard drive, but we would have to check out the device(s) first to be sure. Please visit www.geeksquad.com/schedule to set up a free consultation at your local Best Buy or call us at (800) GEEK-SQUAD or (800) 433-5778.