- Answer Hi Mike. Thank you for your question. This can vary depending on the amount of work that needs to be done. Generally, we will send out a hard drive to our Data Recovery Department. Then they assess it and give you a quote. There can be an estimate fee involved to get started. This allows you to judge if it's worthwhile before making a big purchase decision. If this is something you'd like to do, please visit www.geeksquad.com/schedule to set up a free consultation at your local Best Buy to get started.
QuestionMy Verbatim flash drive has failed. Is data recovery possible? (Various computers are unable to detect it). If so, what would it cost?
- Answer Thanks for your question, Roger. We do offer advanced data recovery services that vary on the complexity of the data recovery. For support with this, please visit www.geeksquad.com/schedule to set up a free consultation at your local Best Buy.
QuestionMy dell laptop won’t boot because it says it can’t find the hard drive. Can geek squad recover this drive (what’s the cost, do I bring in the laptop, etc )?
- Answer Sorry to hear about your computer. It's always frustrating when our tech doesn't work the way we want it to. We do offer data recovery services at this time. For support with this, please visit www.geeksquad.com/schedule to set up a free consultation at your local Best Buy.
QuestionI had a flash drive break off at the base while connected to my laptop but I really need the files from that drive. Can the files be recovered and at what price?
- Answer We may be able to help with that as we do offer advanced data recovery services. For support with this, please visit www.geeksquad.com/schedule to set up a free consultation at your local Best Buy.
QuestionI accidentally clicked on a previous photo library saved on an external drive from my old Mac and my photo library on my new Mac disappeared. I used timemachine to revert back to yesterday. My photo library did not come back with the reset. Is it gone?
- Answer I don't know. But when I lost data, I took my device to the Geek Squad. In my case they weren't able to recover it in their level 1 or 2 procedures and it wasn't worth it to me to pay for the more expensive level 3 procedure - which may or may not have been successful. Files do get lost. It is nice that sometimes they can be recovered. The situation you describe sounds ominous. If the old photo librarry REPLACED the newer photo library (in the same memory locations) The newer ones from pre-replacement are gone, unless they were backed up somewhere, Maybe a Geek Squad or other technician will know just what happened when you clicked on the previous photo library.
QuestionMy computer will not let me open up my usb anymore. Can this be repaired. I just used it earlier today and it was fine then it just stopped reading it. I've tried every computer in my house.
- Answer It sounds like your USB may be having some issues, that is never fun! You can learn more about the process, and make a a Data Recovery Appointment, here: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/geek-squad/geek-squad-data-recovery/pcmcat748300502324.c?id=pcmcat748300502324
QuestionHP Envy model Screen was gone. Can you take out hard drive and transfer the data to other computer? Thanks
- Answer Thank you for writing to us about this computer. The Geek Squad is typically able to help with data transfers. For help scheduling this please call us at (800) GEEK-SQUAD or (800) 433-5778.
QuestionMy daughter is trying to recover data for a court case from an older LG m153 cell phone. Is this something that could be done in a timely manner
- Answer While Geek Squad should be able to help, we recommend speaking to a Geek Squad Agent regarding your needs. You can visit us online at www.geeksquad.com/schedule to schedule a time to speak with an Agent at the store about this.
QuestionI dropped my Iphone7 plus in the water. The battery was damaged and phone cannot be turned on. The iphone tech suggested you guys if I want to recover the photos. Do you have this service and what is the estimated cost (not diagnosis, but the repair.
- Answer The battery replacement cost can depend greatly on the degree of damage done to the iPhone. While the battery may be unusable, there may be other underlying issues present that a battery replacement may not entirely fix. I would suggest visiting a local store to have the device looked at and a price given.
QuestionMy sons google account has been hacked. Play was compromised with unauthorized purchases which Verizon took care of. He cant sign in and recovery email that comes up is not his email. Is this something the Geek Squad can help with?
- Answer Yes I do believe this could be resolved by geek squad.Be sure an schedule an appointment with them. Mike
- Answer The cost can vary depending on the state of the drive. Please set up a reservation to visit us at ww.geeksqaud.com/schedule so we can go over potential costs with you in person.
QuestionHello! My name is Tony. I have recently got attacked by a virus called Adame Ransomware. It has encrypted most of my files and its been a terrible few days for me trying to decrypt and recover what I've lost. Files are over 110 gb. Can you help me?
- Answer We know that viruses are scary business and we spend a lot of time training specifically to combat issues such as this. We would love to take a closer look at your computer and see if we can assist. You can visit us online at www.geeksquad.com/schedule to schedule a time to speak with an Agent at the store about this.
QuestionHi I accidently deleted a couple message threads from my Samsung s7 edge they were never backed up to the Samsung cloud or google drive I was wondering can these messages still be retrieved?
- Answer Probably, but the scope of what you want to retrieve is not worth the cost or effort.
- Answer Thanks for asking us this question! It can certainly be frustrating when your tech isn’t working how you need it to! You can visit us online at www.geeksquad.com/schedule to schedule a time to speak with an Agent at the store about this.
QuestionI have not been able to log into my emial address and have tried every route suggested by google, is there a way yall can help me get back in? Desperately want my childrens baby pictures and important contact information for my sons doctors for his CGD.
- Answer Not being able to log into your email account would be frustrating, especially when it seems you have some extremely important files saved there. It stands to reason that you’d be looking for alternative options for support. In this case, working with Google would be the best route to possible resolution, as Geek Squad would not have options to retrieve that type of password. Please let us know if you have further questions in the future, and best of luck getting into your account.
QuestionCan you retrieve my contacts from a broken Samsung galaxy S5 phone that has a broken screen?
- Answer Hello, Thanks for reaching out with this question. Losing your contacts can be a frustrating experience, but thankfully Best Buy has Data Recovery services available. For support with this, please call us at (800) GEEK-SQUAD or (800) 433-5778, or you can visit us online at www.geeksquad.com/schedule to schedule a time to speak with an Agent at the store about this.
- Answer Thank you for the great question! From the little you were able to share about your situation, it sounds like the chances of recovery may be remote. That being said, there are quite a few factors that may be at play, so we would want to take a closer look. Visit us online at www.geeksquad.com/schedule to schedule a time to speak to an Agent at the store about this in greater detail.
QuestionThe battery on my lg g pad f seems to have died completely. Can this be replaced and data retrieved?
- Answer Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that your LG G Pad isn't holding a charge any longer like it should be. It doesn't appears to be something that we'd be able to replace the battery on, but this website here - https://bby.me/nhaev - should let you know about possible options with any kind of repair or data recovery.