QuestionHow much does it cost to recover pictures on a hard drive (the password has been forgotten) can’t login on a Toshiba laptop running on windows 7? Can the pictures be retrieved?
- Answer They typically cost ridiculous amounts of money to recover (like $1400) and you can't get back your $100 deposit even if they fail. Also they treat you terribly, so I would not recommend using them.
QuestionHELLO I HAVE 2 2tB EXtERNAL HARD DRIVES tHAt RECENtLY WENt FAULtY ON ME. tHE light DOES BLINKS HOWEVER tHERE IS A CLICKIN SOUND WHICH BASICALLY SOUNDS LIKE tHE NEEDLE HEAD ARE OFF tRACK. I USE tHESE HDDs FOR COMMERCIAL DISC JOCKEY USE. I NEED HELP ASAP!!
- Answer Geek squad sends the drive to a third party vendor. It takes them several months to recover it only takes them seconds to Bill you. Problem is what you are going to store the recovered data too
QuestionI have an external hard drive in which I have all of my information stored. Yesterday, I tried to pull up that info but I kept getting an error & it will not allow me to see any info. Do you have any software that will help me recovery my info? Thanks!
QuestionI formatted my sd card. It had all my photos that I thought were on my phone.. Important ones... Can they be recovered
- Answer FORMATTED MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE BY MISTAKE. TOOK IT TO BB & PAID $50 OF A POSSIBLE $250(+) FOR DATA RECOVERY. WAS TOLD MY LAPTOP & EXT HD HAD PROBLEMS & WOULD HAVE TO SEND IT OFF & COULD COST $$$ TO MAYBE GET MY PICTURES BACK. DIDN'T. GOOD LUCK!.
QuestionI spoke to a,Samsung rep my phone started erasing files due to a software upgrade that was pushed to my phone I was informed that best buy has a software reflash program that can restore everything that was erased, please advise
- Answer Hello – We may be able to recover data from your phone, but it wouldn’t be something we can do in one of our store. We’d need to send it out to a service center in order to do that. You can set up a reservation to visit us by going to www.geeksquad.com/schedule.
QuestionMy wife deleted vacation pic off her phone off of a sd card, can we get them back? Help please
- Answer Hi Jeff – We may be able to recover those photos. The most important thing for you to do for now is to stop using that card. The more it’s used, the more difficult it would be to recover the pictures. We may be able to do the recovery in store, or the card may need to be sent out to a service center, depending on the condition of the data. Please head over to www.geeksquad.com/schedule to set up a time to come in to visit us. We’d need you to bring in the card and a computer to transfer the data onto.
- Answer They probably can. It is expensive though. Still waiting for my hard drive to get back.
- Answer Reinstalling the operating system on a laptop or desktop runs $99. This will have the Repair Agent wipe the unit, reinstall using the manufacturers recovery partition, and all updates and drivers that are required to have the computer back up and running.
QuestionHello ! Is it possible that Geek Squad can recover a certain file? The file is akin to a photoshop file (specifically a .clip file with layers ), and it wont open in its designated program, which makes me believe it is somewhat corrupted. Can it be fixed?
- Answer Just call and ask them. They can do miracles
QuestionI have a small seagate ext hardrive, it lights up but i think it died, only has a few folders on it , im more interestted in music file, can you retrieve it, and is it 49.99 to retrieve
- Answer The fee $49.99 only covers the in-store diagnostics, which will let geek squad know whether or not the data recovery can be done in-store (for $200) or if the drive has to be shipped to "geek squad city" for the data recovery. The 2nd option will cost you more depending on the state of your respective drive. They have a tiered cost breakdown for that option that ranges from $450 to $1,450. Hope that helps!
QuestionI have an hp envy 360 when i turn it on it doesn't load the only thing on the screen is the hp logo and its says please wait can this be fixed
- Answer Questions like these are why this service is worth the money you pay for it. Just subscribe to it and ask the geek squad
QuestionAccidently slammed my lap top shut and seems to have affected the hard drive, (can't access anything) can it be rapaired? what is the estimated cost?