Questions & Answers
- Question1. What is the range for the signal from the camera to the monitor? 2. Will the signal pass through a stucco (over plywood) wall? 3. Does it need my Wifi, or does it have it's own wireless connection? 4. Is direct exposure to rain O.K.? (1 Answer)Answers
Thank you for your questions! I will answer your questions in the order you asked them: 1. Optimum transmission range is 150' with line of sight 2. Signal strength is dependent on a number of factors including materials, range, obstacles. 3. The cameras and monitor use their own encrypted wireless signal, wifi is not required. 4. The cameras are rated IP54, if installed outside it is recommended they are well sheltered from weather and the power adapter is located indoors as limited penetration of water is possible.
- QuestionWhen it's on night vision mode, I can't see the person's face. The face is washed out by the light but the body is clear. When my flood lights are on or off, I still can't see the person's face clearly. How do I change the setting so I can see the face? (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionCan I log into the camera and view with my laptop instead of using the monitor? (2 Answers)
- Questioncam 2 is working fine but cam 1 is out of range. how do i fix cam 1 do i need to pair them and if so which one do i push the pairing button on, 1 or 2 (1 Answer)Answers
Thank you for your question! If your camera 1 is out of range, you will need to press the pairing button on camera 1 while the monitor is counting down. For the best results, bring the camera closer to the monitor before installing in it's final location.
- QuestionDefender doesn't have a tech support line. I had to call sales to get a trouble ticket started. The will call me tomorrow. Can tech support just answer the questions here so we don't have to go to the "contact form" on defender's website? (1 Answer)Answers
While we are more than happy to answer general product questions through this feature, it is not intended for use as technical support. Any technical questions or troubleshooting requests must be sent through our contact form or using our Live Chat service.
- QuestionThe monitor says "out of range" and then the screen is black. Then it goes back to the recording screen and records. The monitor is within 100 feet or less of the camera. It's in a stucco home. What does this mean? (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionWhy does the monitor black out for a few seconds (1-2 sec) when it stops recording and then go back to the recording screen and starts recording again? Is this normal? It's set for motion detection. (1 Answer)Answers
- Question1.My settings is on motion detection. Why does it record continuously even though no one is in the room? Sensitivity is on level one. I have more questions but the box is limited on maximum characters. Thanks. (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan the camera record at the same time as I'm viewing current or past video footage on the monitor? Do I have to be on "record mode" in order to record? I don't want it to stop recording while I'm viewing hours of videos from yesterday. Thanks. (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionI need a 60-100 feet extension cord to connect from the camera to plug into the power outlet. Do I need a cord from Defender or any universal extension cord? A BNC extension cord for an HD camera did not work. Thanks. (2 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions