Questions & Answers
- Answer To be honest this TV was cheap and it's the BEST picture for a 1080 I have bought EVER! Definitely a good buy!
QuestionCan this TV connect wirelessly to a computer?What operating system is required to make it work?
- Answer This TV does not include the ability to connect wirelessly to other devices.
- Answer You may connect a computer to this TV via VGA and 3.5 mm audio cable, or by HDMI.
QuestionHow to connect to PC?What cord is needed to connect to a Dell PC, Windows XP to the Televison? And what happens when the connection is made?
- Answer Connect a VGA cable to your TV and computer. For audio, connect a 3.5mm audio cable from the headphone jack of your PC to the VGA audio in jack on your TV. If the computer has an HDMI port, you may connect by this means instead. You may need to update your computer's video card firmware/software before you begin. You may also need to adjust the computer's video card output settings to a compatible resolution. If needed, begin with 800x600 at 60hz. Once the computer's desktop displays on your TV, you may adjust the settings to your preferences. I hope this helps.
QuestionHow do you turn on the tv without a remote. There is no buttons on this tv. Dynex DX-46L260A12
- Answer It has touch controls on the bottom right side front panel of the tv
- Answer You can fix these issues by trying to adjust the color options in the menu of the television, it is relatively simple, just refer to the menu provided with the television.
- Answer For Comcast Xfinity, try codes 01877, 00276, 01982, 01376, 00810, 01187, 01106, 00877, 00476. Alternatively, you may use your universal remote control's code search or learning feature to find a working code.
- Answer You can adjust the TV picture settings, including color, via the on screen Menu and selecting Video. You can find more information on the settings options in the User Manual, downloadable at http://www.dynexproducts.com/products/televisions/DX-46L260A12.html?supportTab=open.
QuestionHow can I achieve 1920x1080 resolution with a VGA connection?When i attach a PC via VGA, i am not offered 1920 x 1080 The PC (Win7) claims that the "optimum resolution" for the Dynex is only 800x600 It can be convinced to get up to 1024x768, but no higher, even when run as the only display. If i use the HDMI cable, i can get 1920x1080, but i'll be using laptops without HDMI. A second laptop (running Windows XP, no HDMI) is able to be *set* to 1920x1080, but the Dynex says that it's only running 1280x1024, and does not fill all of the screen area (zooming fills it, but only by stretching the 1280 pixels). The image on the "1920" screen has 700 pixels' worth off-screen, and that has to be panned to bring it within the 1280-wide "window". ..but at least the XP's 1280 wide is better than the first laptop's 1024, but still not reasonable for a 1920 monitor. Most frustrating. So: how can i achieve 1920x1080 through VGA?
- Answer Since the TV does display the computer desktop, the TV is not at fault. However, you may need to update your video card firmware. If needed, I recommend contacting the computer manufacturer for assistance in troubleshooting your PC video card and settings.
Questionhow too put more than one image on the screenbasically I like to multi-task like play xbox and watch tv but I can't seem to figure out how too put both images on at the same time. so basically I'm asking if anyone knows or if it's even possible too do a splitscreen on this tv
QuestionDoes this TV have a built in QAM tuner?I don't want to have to rent another set top box from Verizon. FIOS says I can run it direct to the COAX connection on the back of my Dynex and get basic channels IF the TV has a QAM tuner built in to it.
- Answer This TV features NTSC, ATSC, 8-VSB, and Clear-QAM tuners.
QuestionHow do you hook up DVD playerI have the 3 wires into the tv side but DVD not showing on the tv .
- Answer Ensure that you have connected your RCA/composite cable to the ports labeled AV IN and that you have connected them correctly by color. Also, make sure that the cables are firmly seated. If you have already done this without success, try connecting the DVD player to another TV to verify that it is working properly. Also, try connecting another composite device to your TV to verify whether the TV ports are at fault. If needed you may call our Product Support team to schedule in-home service for your TV. Contact information can be found at http://www.dynexproducts.com/contactuspage.html.
QuestionCan this connect to mac?
- Answer You may connect a Mac or PC to this TV. Remember: you may need to adjust your computer's video card output settings to a compatible resolution for best results. It's also a good idea to update your video card software/firmware if needed before you make the connection.
QuestionIs my Dynex 46L260A12 T.V. able to connect to Insignia Soundbar NS-SBAR/NS-BAR-AYesterday (Sat.) I bought a 42" Dynex t.v. from Best Buy in Salem, Oregon and because I like a little extra sound, the salesman sold me on the Insignia Soundbar. I can't figure out how the two hook up to get sound from the t.v out to/through the sound bar. The t.v. looks like it only allows for a digital audio output, but the Insignia does not have a digital audio input. HELP!
- Answer THE OTHER AUDIO OUTPUT FOR THIS UNIT IS THE 3.5mm PHONO PLUG ON THE SIDE W/ THE OTHER PLUGS. YOU CAN USE A "3.5mm PHONO (MALE)TO STEREO RCA (MALE) ". THEN USE THE RED&WHITE RCA CABLES. IF YOU DO THIS, IT WILL SHUT OFF THE TV'S SPEAKERS BUT THE REMOTE WILL STILL CONTROL THE VOLUME VIA YOUR SOUNDBAR. IF YOU HAVE A BOX THAT YOU GET YOUR SIGNAL THROUGH, THEN YOU MIGHT CHECK THE AUDIO OUTPUTS ON THE BACK OF THAT. IN THAT CASE, YOUR TV SPEAKERS WILL OPERATE AS USUAL. IF YOU GET AUDIO FOR THE SOUNDBAR FROM THE BOX AT THE SAME TIME AS THE TV SPEAKERS, YOU MIGHT GET A KIND OF ECHO. ALSO, VOLUME CONTROL MIGHT BE A PROBLEM. HAVE FUN.