- Answer Hi, You can use a laptop if you meet the requirements: https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/game-capture-hd60-s-plus If you have any other questions, please reach out: help.elgato.com
- Answer Both the "HD60 S" and the "HD60 S+" can capture/stream content at 1080p. Buy the "HD60 S" if you are also playing games (or whatever) on a 1080p monitor. If you have a 4K monitor, buy the "HD60 S+" -- it can passthrough the full 3840x2160 signal (with HDR if that matters to you).
QuestionI've ordered the Elgato HD60S+ to use on an iMac to connect my Nikon Z6 as a webcam for Zoom and other video conferencing. Do I need to connect the *both* the HDMI Out and the USC C to USB A to the computer?Wanna make sure I have the correct cables.Thanks
- Answer I can't speak to the Mac's or Nikon's functionality, but if you don't need to see the camera's live output while video conferencing, you don't need to connect "HDMI Out" to anything. The capture is sent to your computer via the USB connection. The "HDMI Out" port is for things like streaming Xbox or PS4 video games where you need to see what you're doing (on a dedicated screen) while capturing gameplay. Leaving it disconnected is basically equivalent to having a Cam Link.
QuestionI ordered this capture card, and got it 2 days ago. I set everything up, video comes through. But for some ODD reason, audio doesn't come through. I tried everything, and unfortunately it seems that I am the only person with this issue bc device is new.
- Answer The HD60 S+ can only receive Stereo audio, so if your source is trying to run surround sound, the HD60 S+ won't be able to understand it.
QuestionHow would I connect my Canon Vixia HF R800 camcorder to my Macbook Pro to stream with Facebook Live via OBS using this device? Will I encounter any HDCP issues? If so, how do I fix them? Thank you!
- Answer Hi, You wouldn't do that with this device. You would use the camlink 4k with a compatible camera, more info here: https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/cam-link-4k If you have anything else we can help with, please reach out to us directly: help.elgato.com -Art
QuestionI stream to twitch with my PS5 and have been wanting a capture card. I usually play with friends so id want their audio to also be included as it sounds through my headset as well as mine. Would this be all I need or would I need something else?
- Answer Hi ChairForceBob, Please contact our support team so we can assist you with your setup. support.elgato.com -Brian
QuestionI read a review on your site where someone was using this device for video conferencing. I have a Panasonic 4k camcorder with clean HDMI out. Will this device work for me as the Cam Link 4K and allow me to capture video from my camcorder?
- Answer Yes, you don't need to connect the "HDMI Out" port to anything. I checked this by disconnecting the HD60 S+ from my monitor and then confirming my capture (a PS4 Pro) was still being picked up by OBS.
- Answer Hi Scott, Windows 8 is not compatible: https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/game-capture-hd60-s-plus If you have any other questions, please reach out: help.elgato.com
QuestionI was wondering with videos you recorded on this can they be stored in the computer somewhere so you can see them later or post them on YouTube after you record them.
- Answer Hi, Definitely, that's one of the biggest purposes of the product. If you have any other questions, please reach out: help.elgato.com
QuestionWill Elgato HD60S+ be able to capture 2160p resolution with HDR if the gaming laptop/desktop maxed resolution is 1080p?
- Answer Can’t capture anything higher then 1080p HDR. The pass through video can display 4K HDR resolutions though.
QuestionBought this capture card about 6 months ago, it just stopped working tonight. Is there anything that can be done about this.
- Answer Have you tried redownloading the software for the device? It may have also failed to update to the latest version. Additionally, I would check to see if your console is preventing you from capturing footage. I would advise checking the HDCP feature in the settings. If not it may be a failed HDMI cord.
QuestionDoes this come with its own software for recording gameplay? If not, then which one would be recommended for recording?
- Answer Yes it comes with its own software to download on a website. You can also use other software like OBS.
- Answer Hi, Yes, if you're looking to record party chat then the Chat Link cable will provide the ability to do so. Feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions: support.elgato.com -Albert
QuestionDoes 3d Audio passthrough this? I'm considering getting a PC to broadcast my PS5/PSVR gameplay so I can do more with overlays/alerts etc....and would want to figure out the best way to get the same audio to the PC (If possible) and pick it up from there.
- Answer Hi Rocky, Please get in touch with our support, they'll be able to provide more details: support.elgato.com -Albert