Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $849.99
- Answer Hi Bb, Our recommended maximum distance for the Pro EX9240 is 29 feet 1 3/4 inches from the screen. This would give you a 300-inch diagonal display. Regards, Mark - The Epson Team.
- Answer Hello Manuel24. We recommend pairing the EX9240 Projector with a white screen for optimal picture quality. Regards, Kevin - The Epson Team.
- Answer Hi, The Epson Pro EX9240 has a built-in 16 Watt speaker, so it does not include an audio out port. You can send only video to the projector and audio to your external speaker. Another option is to purchase an HDMI audio extractor to separate the audio from the HDMI cable and send it to a speaker. Regards, Mark - The Epson Team.
- Answer Hello LKM75. If your Samsung tablet includes Miracast, you can screen mirror content from your device on the EX9240 projector. Please be aware that sometimes apps can limit the content shared via screen mirroring. Therefore we cannot 100% confirm that Netflix will work without limitations. Regards, Kevin - The Epson Team.
QuestionWhy can I not connect my phone or tablet up through the USB-A port. And why is the instructions saying I need a wireless LAN module to use the projector wirelessly. No where does you're advertising say you must buy extra parts to make it wireless.
- Answer Hi Mystic31, The Pro EX9240 has wireless functionality built-in. You do not need a LAN module for the EX9240. You do need a wireless network. You can connect most smart phones and tablets to the HDMI port. The smart phone or tablet must support screen sharing. Regards, Mark - The Epson Team.
- Answer It’s a device called an extractor
QuestionCan this projector be used outdoor on a 172” screen? How dark does it need to be to see on screen Can I hook up speakers to it?
- Answer Hi, The Pro EX9240 projects an image of up to 300", so 172" should not be a problem. To project at 172" diagonal, the projector must be from 216.4" to 316.12" from the screen (the range is due to the zoom feature). It is designed to work indoors in well-lit rooms so it does not have to be completely dark, At 4000 Lumens though, full sunlight will wash the image out. The Pro EX9240 does not have a speaker output port. It does have a 16 Watt built-in speaker. If you want to use external speakers, you must split the audio signal off from the video signal and send it directly to your own sound system. Regards, Mark - The Epson Team.
- Answer Hello Mtwantstoknow. Projector placement can vary based on the distance away from the screen and your display size. Please visit our official Epson Support page to download the User's Guide, where you can find additional details on Projector Placement. Regards, Kevin - The Epson Team.
- Answer Yes, manually or automatically via a selection in setup.
QuestionCan I use the HDMI port as an output port to daisy chain multiple projectors together and display the same image across them?
- Answer Hello James. The EX9240 is supported to only use one device while connected to the projector via an HDMI connection. Regards, Kevin - The Epson Team.
- Answer I have a 25ft screen and get a great picture, vut I haven't gone any bigger than that, so I can't say for sure how good it would look. 25ft is 300 inches and I believe this projector will do 320 inches before picture quality suffers.
- Answer The previous answer is INCORRECT. There is no audio out. I just bought one. There is no way you can send audio to speakers or a reciever. You can still do it if you are using a receiver or amplifier via HDMI. There is a lot of bad information out there on this subject. The Best Buy ad (and others) says there is an audio output but is wrong. If you need to use the Miracast feature, there is no why to use external speakers.
- Answer But....... Realize that you CANNOT output Miracast audio to external speakers or via a receiver/amplifier. Epson seems unwilling to offer this fact, even when calling customer service.
- Answer Yes, but you can do it manually too.
QuestionDoes the USB-A port provide power output for USB devices (I.E. to run the auxiliary power for a Chromecast)?
- Answer Hello jf7304. The EX9240 USB-A port is generally used to connect a USB device or Camera to the projector. When using a device in this port, we recommend using an external electrical outlet to power these devices when connected. Regards, Kevin - The Epson Team.
QuestionCan I play video gaming through the projector? How would I watch tv, say though Youtube tv. especially if it is mounted to the ceiling.
- Answer Hello Wright. The EX9240 includes HDMI ports. You can connect your video game systems or streaming devices via HDMI. Regards, Kevin - The Epson Team.