QuestionI know it's of indoor use but would it work outside at the door if protected from the weather in low temperature in Pennsylvania ?
- Answer The key factor here is not the sensor itself as much as the battery in the sensor. Hot and especially cold weather will effect the life of the battery. Sometimes Drastically. The battery in this sensor has these tolerances: Operating Temperature: -10ºC – 40ºC /14°F – 104°F Storage Temperature: -20ºC – 60ºC /-4°F – 140°F Shielding it from the harsh weather rain, snow, etc. is a good idea however it will still be affected by temperatures. Here is the product manual if you have more questions... https://manuals.plus/eufy/anker-eufy-motion-sensor-user-manual/amp
- Answer No, it has to have the homebase to work.
QuestionHow far away from the home base can it be to still work? Would it work if placed in the guesthouse with the home base in the house?
- Answer In the field, the wireless range varies due to the distance, a number of walls, the material of obstacles, and wireless connection interference. Normally, the system range can reach up to 30ft. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 (800) 988 7973.
QuestionDoes the actual device sound an alarm when it detects motion or does it only "notify" you on your phone? Also, if it does actually sound an alarm is it constant until disabled? Thanks!
- Answer This item needs to work with Eufy Homebase. The Homebase will also sound an alarm when it detects motion. The alarm will be off after 30 seconds automatically. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us via email@example.com or call us at +1 (800) 988 7973.
QuestionI actually want this sensor to pick up when my pet goes to the back door to be let out. Can it be adjusted to pick up on small pets? Mine are 10-15 lbs. Can the home base alarm for this device be turned off? I only want to receive an alert on my phone.
- Answer If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 (800) 988 7973.
- Answer Yes, you can set the sensitivity to 3-5 meters, 5-6 meters, 6-7 meters, 7-9 meters, and 9-11 meters.
QuestionCan this be connected to the motion detecting flood lights to extend the motion detection range?
- Answer Unfortunately, the motion sensor is connected to the Eufy homebase. The Eufy Floodlights are stand alone items and do not connect/communicate with the current homebases. Supposedly, Eufy is in the works of having all their devices communicate with their “new” homebase 3.
- Answer The motion sensor is not intended for outside use. With that being said, I have read where individuals have been successful in putting it in the mailboxes. I’m guessing as long as it doesn't get wet you should be fine.
- Answer The motion sensor needs a Eufy homebase unit to work.
QuestionWhat is the motion pickup cycle time? If it picks up a motion does it wait for a period of time before scanning for motion again or is it a continuous scan for motion?
- Answer This item works as a trigger. Once it detects a motion, it will trigger the camera to work (recording video or camera alarm). It is a continuous scan for motion. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us via email@example.com or call us at +1 (800) 988 7973.