Questions & Answers
- QuestionWe just purchased this range hood and are waiting for it to come in.I would like to put a plug on this instead of hard wiring it.This would be more convenient for my application.Is this possible to do? (1 Answer)Answers
- Questioncan this be used if you have cicular vent already in placed above the cabinet? (1 Answer)
- QuestionWhere can we get the carbon filter, and what is the part number? It's not included. (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIs this returnable if I don't like it? (0 Answers)
- QuestionWhere is the vent for air coming back out to the kitchen (for recirculated)? whether is it on top of the unit (where the unit top edge meets the above cabinet), or under the unit dome? Do we need additional kit and carbon filters for recirculated use (2 Answers)Answers
HI TN2, we just installed ours, as a recirculation unit. The air is vented through top, just in front of the upper cabinets - the top of the vent hood extends about 2" from front bottom edge of cabinet, where a thin cover must be removed from top of hood (2 screws), to recirculate air to inside. An optional carbon filter is available (see my question earlier, I believe the part number is 5304486303). It is not included, must be purchased separately. I am waiting to hear from Frigidaire Support on how to order the carbon filter and cost. Did a quick search online but did not find it. Hope this helps!
- QuestionIs this with the "fingerprint proof" surface? (2 Answers)Answers
HI TDJane, we bought this vent hood along with a Samsung refrigerator in SS, and the hood--although technically NOT smugeproof--hides fingerprints better than our new fridge. The surface on the hood vent seems a bit more brushed stainless vs our fridge which has a shinier SS surface. Maybe the brushed SS hides those fingerprints more easily.
- QuestionDoes this mount under cabinets? And does it come with thhe electrical plug? (2 Answers)Answers
HI Amy, this vent hood does not come with a plug, but is ready to hard-wire into wall electrical. It mounts under upper cabinets. FYI, if your cabinets have a 5/8 inch drop edge/trim around bottom edge of these uppers (ours did), you will need to add a filler strip of wood on each side, right and left, to create a flat surface on which to attach the vent hood. I used 1x2 which fit flush in that space, made sure I marked the location where the vent hood holes would require screws so I didn't screw in the filler strips in those same spots. I added wood glue to the filler strips, then drilled and screwed in the strips, then mounted vent hood by drilling and screwing hood to filler strips under cabinet. Fit nice and level. My son helped hold the hood while i attached it - a second pair of hands helps.
- QuestionIs there black on the sides? (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan this be used as a recirculation unit? (2 Answers)Answers
Yes, if you're asking about model FHWC3040MS. We just installed this one specifically because it is convertible to recirculating unit (vents air to inside home). Carbon filter is NOT included, so we're trying to get info on that right now. A metal plate must be removed on top of vent hood before using it as a recirculating unit (2 screws, easy). Hope this helps! ~ Kimn
- Questionwhat is the sones for each speed (0 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions