Questions & Answers
- QuestionWill geek squad install this? (5 Answers)
- Questionwhat nuvi's is this compatable with? (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes the camera automatically come on the screen when you shift into reverse? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat does a normal geek squad install cost for BC 30 back up cam. (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes Garmin have a camrea/rearview mirror combination (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes the back up camera work well with the DriveSmart 60LMT? How much to install? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes the DriveAssist 50LMT GPS records the front and back cameras views continuously, or the back camera view only when it is set? (3 Answers)Answers
Footage taken from your BC Wireless Back-Up Camera isn't being recorded or stored in any way. Instead, the BC Wireless Back-Up Camera simply displays what's behind your vehicle when in reverse, and the footage can be viewed on the DriveAssist 50LMT's display. The DriveAssist 50LMT records and stores video from its Built-in Dash Cam, but not from the BC Wireless Backup Cameras. Thanks! (KS)
- QuestionDoes the lifetime traffic feature work with garmin 65lm (4 Answers)Answers
I previously reviewed this backup camera and stated that you loose the traffic alerts feature. That was information I was given by a dealer but evidently that refered to the older BC-20 or a earlier release of the BC-30. I originally returned the BC-30 because of the bad information I received. I decided to give it a try again and it does indeed maintain traffic alerts as well as the wireless camera as long as you use the new cable that comes with the BC-30. The box now states that it supports traffic alerts. In any case it works quite well. I installed it on my Alfa Romeo 4C sports car. Wired it to the backup light which is easy to get ot on my car once it is jacked up. After 1 1/2 to 2 seconds the backup camera comes on. The image is actually quite good...not HD of course but more than satisfactory. It also has moveable lane alignment lines and distance markers that are very useful too. In the two month I have had it I have no glitches. On my car the backup lights are relatively bright so ;provide enough light at night to see what is behind you but there is NO built in IR or light source on the camera. I like that the camera is very small and inconspicous. And since my Garmin GPS serves double duty it saves having to put another monitor screen in the car. By the way I tried to correct my earlier post but was unable to do so.
- QuestionI have a recently purchased Garmin Drive Assist 50 NA LMT. Is it compatible with the back up camera (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIf I buy a b/u camera for each of our vehicles can I use the same gps by moving gps to vehicle we're driving? I already know they are compatible. (4 Answers)Answers
Yes! I installed BC30 cameras in both of our cars. You must use the power cable that comes with the backup camera (not the cable that comes with the GPS) because that is how the wireless feature works. Use the power cable that comes with the camera in the car with that specific camera. (I tried using the cable from the first camera when I installed the second camera and it didn't work. I thought I had installed the camera incorrectly. I tried the cable that came with the second camera and it worked fine. Don't know why that is the case and I really don't care.) Great cameras! Great safety feature.
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions