Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $349.99
QuestionDoes this pair effectively with Apple Airbuds? Can I run without a phone? Just this watch + Airbuds?
- Answer Yes, this watch is designed to load music to it and you can listen to music without a phone needed. Unfortunately there is the possibility of Audio issues with Apple Airpods (see below) Bluetooth® Headphone Compatibility for Garmin Watches That Feature Music: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=FnVJLBvvw51RfH3OE2YUO6&productID=646690&tab=topics&topicTag=region_music I Am Having Audio Cut out Issues When Using My Apple Airpods with My Garmin Music Watch: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=mQISHHl4722vvdvE9ewcX8&productID=646690&searchQuery=Apple%20Airpods&tab=topics
QuestionCan I download stored music from my iPhone to this watch? It talks about other music apps to download from. I don’t use those and don’t want to sign up for additional music just to download.
- Answer Music can not be downloaded from the phone to the device. It will need to be connected to a computer to download music. Debbie with Garmin
QuestionDoes this watch have the ability to play music from apps such as Spotify without the phone present?
- Answer Yes, you can download music from Spotify to your device. You will need a compatible set up Bluetooth headphones paired with the watch. Debbie with Garmin
QuestionTo receive text messages on the watch during a run, does your cell phone need to be in range?
- Answer Yes, your cellphone needs to be in range of the phone for the signal to be reached. Debbie with Garmin
QuestionHow quick is the feedback for pacing? As a runner, running at the right pace means the difference in winning and losing. Also for more consistent training intervals, pace setting has to be accurate and fast from the watch to be useful. 5 Seconds? Min?
- Answer Garmin watches that feature a running activity profile will display a rounded pace, which is calculated by rounding the current pace value to the nearest 5 seconds. For seconds 1 and 2, the watch will round down and 3 and 4 will round up. For example, a current pace of 7:32 will display a pace of 7:30 and a pace of 7:33 will show a 7:35 pace. This is done in order to present a value to the runner that is not constantly changing every second of the activity. The lap pace value will show when the watch displays the lap banner, when Auto Lap is enabled. The actual non-rounded pace for a completed activity will display as the average pace on the watch after the activity is stopped. Detailed pace information for the duration of the activity will show once the activity is uploaded to your Garmin Connect account. Debbie with Garmin
- Answer The watch uses GPS to track your activity. It does not need your phone to track the activity. However, if you are wanting to use the LiveTrack feature you will need your phone with you. Debbie with Garmin
- Answer Apple Music is not supported on Garmin music watches, but songs that have been purchased from the iTunes Store are supported on Garmin music watches. You can sync your watch with your Apple iTunes library using Garmin Express on your computer. Your Garmin watch has been designed to work with most Bluetooth-compliant headphones. Not all headphone features will work with Garmin watches such as volume control, pause, or skip, for example. Audio performance and Bluetooth range will vary across brands and models. You may also want to go to support.garmin.com where you'll find many helpful FAQ's and video's on the functions of the device. As well, you may reach out to product support from that link if you still need assistance. Debbie with Garmin
- Answer Yes, please go to support.garmin.com where you'll find many helpful FAQ's and video's on the functions of the watch. If you still need assistance, please reach out directly to a product support associate from that link. Debbie with Garmin
- Answer You can export specific heart rate data under certain activity profiles from Garmin Connect under Reports. You may want to reach out to support.garmin.com where you can reach out to a product support specialist to see if what you are specifically wanting is available to export. Debbie with Garmin
- Answer Can I Use Apple Music on My Garmin Music Watch? Apple Music is a subscription-based service similar to services provided by Spotify or Amazon Music. Apple Music is not supported on Garmin music devices, but songs that have been purchased from the iTunes Store are supported on Gamin music devices. You can sync your watch with your Apple iTunes library using Garmin Express on your computer. For more details on the difference between downloading songs from Apple Music and purchasing music from the iTunes Store, what types of music files are supported on our devices, and how to install music using Garmin Express, refer to the following FAQs: Apple Support: Add and download music from Apple Music or buy music from the iTunes Store What Audio File Types Do Garmin Music Watches Support? Installing Music from a Computer on a Garmin Music Watch Using Garmin Express Debbie with Garmin
- Answer The Forerunner 245 does have a compass, when you save a location on the device it will show coordinates. Debbie with Garmin
QuestionDoes this watch works for sprinter training? If my workout is 10 reps of 100m, can I program 100m into the watch to alert me when I've sprinted the 100m? It's impossible to sprint and also keep looking at the watch face. I need a watch to audio alert me.
- Answer You can create a a workout for 100m reps with rest. This device will also do audio alerts. If you need further assistance, please go to support.garmin.com where you'll find many helpful FAQ's and video's on the functions of the device. You may also reach out to a product support associate from this page if you need further assistance. Debbie with Garmin