- Questiondoes it require an external vent? (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionVented Internally (4 Answers)Answers
Hi-this is Sue from GE. Thanks for your interest! The blower will need to be rotated for indoor (recirculating) venting. The directions are provided in the installation instructions included with the microwave. Also, the recirculating charcoal filter is included. The turntable can be turned off when using larger dishes. Model JNM3161DFBB is the same microwave except assembled for indoor (recirculating) venting. Thanks for checking with us!
- Questionhow much does it cost to remove old microwave and install new one,( over the range ) (8 Answers)Answers
- QuestionOld Microwave is GE Model JNM1851SM2ss...will this model match up with installation holes (5 Answers)Answers
Hi -this is Sue from GE. Thanks for your interest in our GE model JVM3160RFSS. We appreciate your loyalty! Our 30" over-the-range microwaves are designed to be installed in the same standard upper cabinet space (30" min. width, 12" min.-13" max. depth). The height and depth of the models may vary slightly. The top mounting is basically the same. You will need to use the back wall mounting bracket included with the new model as they are similar but not interchangeable. Your model, JNM1851SM2SS was shipped assembled for recirculating (indoor) venting. Model JVM3160RFSS is shipped assembled for outdoor venting. If you choose model JVM3160, you will also need to purchase the optional recirculating charcoal filter JX81L and follow the recirculating venting instructions in the installation guide. You may want to consider model JNM3161RFSS. It is the same model except is shipped assembled for recirculating (indoor) venting. You can view online at: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&fs=saas&saas=saas&keys=keys&st=+JNM3161RFSS Thanks for checking with us. Enjoy!
- QuestionCan you use this microwave over the stove without an outside venting system? (10 Answers)Answers
Yes, you can either vent back into the room or through an external vent. I vented internally. The configuration was easy, hardest part was installing the filter. It took a bit of finesse to remove the panel from the front of the unit.
- QuestionWhich is cheaper - Buy a new magnetron tube or buy a new unit? (9 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes anyone know why the finish is cracking off the front of the microwave door? (3 Answers)Answers
- Questionis there a way to limit the endless timer signal? (4 Answers)
The timer signal is endless. It will not cease after a reasonable period of time. I have to stop whatever I'm doing wherever I am in the house and go to the kitchen to stop the timer. I would like it to stop by itself after a reasonable period of time, for instance, 30 seconds or 1 minute. Is it possible to change this?Answers
- QuestionAre there any problems with installation? (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes this microwave have a chrome finish? (5 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions