Questions & Answers
- QuestionRear Clearance for vent? (3 Answers)Answers
- Questionit takes 3-4 hours to dry towels/bed sheets... is this a problem everyone have? (1 Answer)Answers
Hi Osman- This is Sue at GE Appliances. We can certainly understand your concern and glad to help. 3-4 hours would not be considered normal. Make sure the Time Dry setting is not set to Air Fluff (No Heat). You can change the temperature of your dry cycle. Choose Medium or High for permanent press and regular to heavy cottons. For reference, see page 7 of the Owner's Manual: http://products.geappliances.com/MarketingObjectRetrieval/Dispatcher?RequestType=PDF&Name=49-90370-1.pdf - If the cycle selection is appropriate, the vent system may need to be checked. We suggest to view the following troubleshooting link for details: http://products.geappliances.com/appliance/gea-support-search-content?contentId=18058 - We hope this is helpful. Keep in touch!
- QuestionWe don't have a vent in the boiler room where the washer and dryer go. We are thinking we could run a hose or duct from that room and out the bedroom window without having actual ductwork installed through the walls, etc. Would this be feasable? (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionHow expensive is this dryer to run compared to a gas dryer? I have a household of two so dryer needed once a week -- usually. (1 Answer)Answers
Hi- This is Sue at GE Appliances. The energy cost of gas and electric dryers depends on many variables, such as: •The washer's ability to remove water from the clothes. •Type and size of load •How dryer is used (timed dry vs sensor dry). •Efficiency of the dryer (Ex. Is the lint filter and ducting clean?). •Local gas and electric rates. Dryers are exempted from energy labeling because of the many variables that affect energy use and cost. For information about the approximate energy cost for a gas and/or electric dryer, contact your local utility company for your rates. Many utility companies may also be able to provide guidance on which would be less expensive to run in your area. Here are the Power Ratings: (Volts/Watts/Amps) 240V, 5600W, 24A, 60Hz. Thanks for checking with us!
- QuestionThe depth as marked in the Best Buy specifications is 25.75 inches. Is that correct? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan you switch the door so that it opens on the other side (I want the hinge to be on the left). SPECS didn't address this feature. (1 Answer)Answers
Hello Chris, I am very happy to help you. This dryer is a very nice model. The dryer door swing can be reversed. The instructions for reversing the door swing can be found beginning on Page 25 of the Owner’s Manual, the link of which I have attached below: http://products.geappliances.com/MarketingObjectRetrieval/Dispatcher?RequestType=PDF&Name=49-90370_Dryer.pdf I hope this information is helpful. Have a wonderful day!
- QuestionFor GE Dryer model DCVH480EKWW, where can I buy a kit for side venting? (1 Answer)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions