Here are the major differences:
- The casing corners are now rounded
- The circle LED indicator has been replaced by "touch-sensitive" buttons on the front, as well as distinct word labels stating what the appliance is doing. This includes replacing the rear slider switch for cleaning with touch-button functionality in the front
- The plastic ice bin no longer has holes along the rear-bottom; a spring-loaded hole has been added that opens only when the bin is slid all the way into the appliance, thereby preventing drips when fully removing the bin
- Overall, the appliance does appear quieter, though that's more subjective
- Biggy: when draining the water while cleaning, it completely dumps in about 30 seconds. Previous units took minutes to do this.
I hope this helps!