Questions & Answers
- QuestionThe water filter for this refrigerator has changed..please tell me the parts # for the new water filter...is it RPWFE?? It looks completely different than the last one we purchased. Thank you! (1 Answer)Answers
Hi - This is Sue at GE Appliances. It's nice to hear from you. Thanks for choosing our GE PROFILE™ SERIES ENERGY STAR® FRENCH-DOOR REFRIGERATOR PFE28KMKES! We hope you love the hands-free Autofill feature as much as we do- Lets you walk away while the dispenser automatically fills any container with filtered water. The compatible filter is RPWFE- Reduces trace pharmaceuticals from water and ice* (* Removes 98% of ibuprofen, atenolol, fluoxetine, progesterone and trimethoprim. These pharmaceuticals are not necessarily in all users’ water). View how to install a new RPWFE water filter: Play Video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/f11IiE6NbxE?rel=0 - Or, view the Installation Instructions online at the following link: https://www.myapstore.com/MarketingObjectRetrieval/Dispatcher?RequestType=PDF&Name=49-6000027-1.pdf - Keep in touch. We are always eager to provide assistance!
- QuestionIs this refrigerator compatible with the single-serve Keurig attachment? (2 Answers)Answers
Hi WhitT10- This is Sue at GE Appliances. It's nice to hear from you and learn of your interest in our Keurig Brewing System! This features is built into the refrigerator dispenser of select models, so it cannot be added to other refrigerator models including PFE28KSKSS. We suggest to view our GE PROFILE™ SERIES ENERGY STAR® 27.8 CU. FT. FRENCH-DOOR REFRIGERATOR WITH KEURIG® K-CUP® BREWING SYSTEM PFE28PSKSS. Learn More About Refrigerators with the Keurig® K-Cup® Brewing System: http://www.geappliances.com/ge/refrigerators/keurig.htm - Keep in touch. We are always eager to provide assistance!
- QuestionDoes this refrigerator hold magnets? Thanks. (2 Answers)Answers
Hi Looking- This is Sue at GE Appliances. Thanks for considering our GE PROFILE™ SERIES ENERGY STAR® 27.8 CU. FT. FRENCH-DOOR REFRIGERATOR WITH HANDS-FREE AUTOFILL PFE28KSKSS! Stainless steel can vary in its magnetism. Some stainless steel will not hold a magnet. If you are looking for a stainless appliance that will hold a magnet, we recommend bringing a magnet to test when shopping for your appliance. Also, this model is offered in Slate, PFE28KMKES. Slate is a low-gloss matte metallic paint finish with stainless handles. The Slate surface will hold a magnet and resists fingerprints/smudges. Learn more and check out our Slate Collection: http://www.geappliances.com/ge/slate-appliances.htm - Keep in touch!
- QuestionIs there some way to brighten the lighting showing water, cubes, etc., on door of refrigerator, it's so dim you can hardly read it. We had to make labels. (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionDoes the automatic ice cube maker in refrigerator door automatically shut off when full? Model GFE28 (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat is the parts number for second ice msker (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionWhen is it available? (0 Answers)
- QuestionThe sliding tray in the bottom freezer has only 2 wheels on the front of the tray. The rear has none. The tray is very hard to bring forward and push back when it is full of food. Should the tray have 4 wheels, Two in the front and two in the back. (1 Answer)Answers
Hi LouK - This is Sue at GE Appliances. Thanks for your purchase! We are sorry to hear of the issue with the sliding tray in the freezer. The tray only has two wheels. If they are difficult to roll, we recommend contacting GE Factory Service at 1-800-432-2737 for assistance. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks for reaching out to us!
- QuestionWhat does manual defrost mean and how do you do it. (1 Answer)Answers
Hi Justaoldguy- This is Sue at GE Appliances. Thanks for considering our GE Profile Series Refrigerator! We apologize for the error. The refrigerator is Frost-Free (Frost Guard or Adaptive Defrost). You will not need to turn off the refrigerator for manual defrosting. The refrigerator will automatically defrost as needed. It accounts for door openings and usage to determine when it is necessary to defrost and how long the defrost cycle needs to run. If the refrigerator is not being frequently used (ex. family on vacation), it will not defrost as often. It also utilizes a "Pre-Chill" function to lower the freezer temperature prior to the defrost cycle. This lowering of freezer temperature allows the freezer to return to its set temperature point more quickly once the defrost cycle is complete. All this amounts to less thawing of foods and refreezing during the defrost cycle. The result is that it reduces freezer burn. See the following link for complete details: http://products.geappliances.com/appliance/gea-support-search-content?contentId=16699 - A website correction request will be sent to ButBuy. Thanks for checking with us!
- Questiondoes the ice maker on the outside have a lock system so little children cannot access it (2 Answers)Answers
Hi countrygal- This is Sue at GE Appliances. Thanks for viewing our French-door Refrigerators! We have good news. This model has a Lock option on the external control panel. Press and hold 3 seconds to lock out ice and water dispenser and all feature and temperature buttons. Thanks for checking with us. Enjoy!
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions