- QuestionWhat is the different between the new one and the previous one ? (5 Answers)Answers
The previous one doesn't support 4K and UHD. It would only go upto 1080P. The Ultra is going to be a lot faster, processing-wise and streaming-wise. Another huge difference is the price. The previous one costs only $35 and the Ultra is double the price. If you have a 4K TV and got a lot of 4K content to watch, I'd recommend you go with the Ultra. But if not, then go with the regular $35 chromecast, which pretty much does the same job.
- QuestionWill this stream live TV to my non smart TV, and do I have to use my cell phone as a remote? (5 Answers)Answers
You can use any Android or iOS smartphone and/or tablet. You download the Google Home app to make everything work. As for what you can stream, that depends. First, your TV doesn't have to be Smart, but it must have a HDMI input. Next, whatever you want to "cast" to your tv must have that option available within the app. Apps such as Hulu, Netflix, NHL Center Ice, You Tube, etc, all have a cast option. You simply start watching on your phone, then hit the cast icon and boom, it is on your tv. Your phone/tablet screen can power off and the picture will still cast to your TV. You can even multitask and use your phone/tablet for other things while watching TV. Pretty cool stuff.
- QuestionWhat is this thing?? (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionHow do you connect a laptop to this device so you can cast to the TV? (5 Answers)
- QuestionCan this new Ultra one use the 5ghz network or is it still limited to the 2.4 like the previous gen? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes the Chromecast Ultra support Dolby Atmos output (e.g. from Vudu)? (4 Answers)Answers
- Questionwhat is the chromecastultra used for in tv? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionI have an LG E6 4K TV (SKU# 5010000). It already come with tons of Google apps on it, but I don't think I can stream video from my iPhone 5 and 6 to it as is. Do I need to buy this Chromecast Ultra to stream video shot on my iPhones directly to this LG TV (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill it support MLB and NHL? (6 Answers)Answers
- QuestionHi, I bought it from you. I am currently in Argentina and need to know the voltage of it, as the voltage here is 220. Thanks ! (2 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions