Questions & Answers
- QuestionWhat is needed for the google wifi to work? What is the monthly fee? (5 Answers)Answers
You still need to buy high speed internet from the local ISP of your choice so the monthly fee I believe you are asking about is the fee for internet access and that is paid to whatever internet service provider you are already using. This device is simply a new wireless router made by Google that you use with your existing modem and existing internet service (Google or otherwise) to spread your wifi signal evenly throughout your house. They are not selling the actual internet SERVICE from Google here- you can use this with the internet service you already have or if Google internet service is available in your area, you could of course choose to use this with Google internet service (although you'd have to pay the purchase price of this router plus the monthly fee for whatever Google (or other brand) internet service plan you choose. I think this is what you were asking about regarding a monthly fee as it seems that likely due to the name of this device, a number of people seem to think that this device also includes internet service when in fact it is a new router to use with your existing internet service or the internet service you order separately. I hope this answers your question.
- QuestionI HAVE COMCAST MODEM WITH INTEGRATED WI-FI ROUTER CAN I USE THIS TO EXTEND MY COMCAST WI-FI SIGNAL OR RANGE ? (7 Answers)
- QuestionOur Office is 1500 Sq Ft, Being that OnHub and Google Wifi both cover this amount of space, which is the better device to go with? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes this system work with Comcast since they only take certain routers? (5 Answers)Answers
It should, I ordered one myself and I'm on Comcast. Any router will work with Comcast, your big thing is going to be getting a compatible Modem. You can see their list of approved modems here: https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/ I currently use the Arris SURFboard SB6183 and have had no issues. But my router isn't that good and I think Google's mesh network will help greatly.
I Would Recommend:
- QuestionI live in a 3 story townhouse. I only use the 2nd and 3rd floor, so is it better for me just to purchase the 1or 3 pack for good connection? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan I use this with a combination modem/wifi router from my ISP? (4 Answers)
- QuestionCan I use this with my existing router? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan I used this to Extend to a non-Wifi Device? I Have a Audio Receiver that's Ethernet only, Can I use this to connect to my existing Wifi and then use the Lan port to extent to my Receiver? (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionHi, Will this work with an old linksys befcmu10 modem? Thanks (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCarrier? (2 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions