Questions & Answers
QuestionDoes the Lively Flip have a better speakerphone than the Jitterbug flip? What about the sound quality? I bought my Mom the Jitterbug flip but the sound quality was so poor she couldn't use it - wondering if the new Lively Flip is any better?
- Answer I have it on the maximum volume and the sound quality is still very weak - I have good hearing and compared to my iphone, the sound quality is just horrible - considering that this phone is designed for seniors who generally have hearing difficulties, one would think more effort would have gone into the design of the phone to ensure superior sound quality.
QuestionDoes the new lively flip phone have an option where you can just open the phone and answer a call? Or do you always have to open the phone and press a button to answer it?
- Answer NO! I cannot find such an option. This is a HUGE problem for my 87-yr-old mother. I wish I saw this comment before we bought it. I *specifically* bought this New "Lively FLIP" cell phone (formerly called Jitterbug) assuming one would be connected to the caller when the flip top was opened. But no--- she has to 1) first flip open the cover AND then 2) find the "OK" button AND then 3) press the "OK" button (a non-descript button buried in the third row). She has a hard time with this. They could have at least made the "OK" button larger and/or Green. WTH! As such, she's unable to answer calls. NOT GOOD - as I now have to leave work & drive to her house to make sure she is ok (she had a bad fall last month). With her previous flip phone there was an immediate connection once the top was flipped open. The inability to EASILY answer a phone call is a major deal breaker for me. This phone is going back- such a huge waste of my time & money. This is NOT an "easy-to-use" cell phone for the elderly.
Questionis there a difference in the prepaid Jitterbug flip and the prepaid lively flip phone besides the price?
- Answer Thank you for your interest in our Lively Flip. The Lively Flip is the upgraded model from the Jitterbug Flip. Although the carrier is the same, a lot of the features have been improved. For more information on the Lively Flip or the Jitterbug Flip, please view the Product Support page of our website.
QuestionHow does the pay as you go work? I’m looking at getting this for my father but I need to know if I can get a bill monthly or do I have to buy minutes whenever he gets low? Do they carry over every month? Etc
- Answer Hello, we do not offer pay as you go or prepaid service. All of our plans are monthly plans with a set amount of minutes provided. We accepted check, money order or credit/debit card as forms of payment. Please visit our website to view our rate plans. www.GreatCall.com.
- Answer Great Call told me there was a 30 return period if my mom didn't like the phone. I was concerned that she wouldn't hear it ring because her Verizon phone (Orbic) was not loud enough. The Lively phone is plenty loud - and you can make it vibrate to help get your attention.
- Answer You can keep your number .
- Answer Hello, thank you for your interest in our new Lively Flip phone. The phone does have the blocking feature available that allows you to block specific numbers from calling the phone.
- Answer No, this is a more basic phone. No social media/play store is available.
QuestionHow is phone activated. Currently have a Consumer Cellular flip phone. want one that is easier to operate and large easy to see keys. Lively looks like the one but concerned how to activate?
- Answer You call their 800 number and they take care of everything. Their customer service is outstanding.
Questionmy elderly father has this phone and is there a way to track his location using the phone's gps?
- Answer While the Lively Flip does not have a location option to turn on for GPS tracking, if your father has a Health and Safety plan with our Link application service, you may be able to see his location in 30-minute intervals. For more information please visit our website, www.gretacall.com or contact our Customer Service at 1-800-733-6632.
- Answer Thank you for your interest in our Lively Flip. The manufacture of the Lively Flip is Alcatel. To view more details about the Lively Flip, please view the Product Support page of our website.
QuestionWhat improvements are made to the lively flip over the jitterbug flip. The speaker phone is mentioned in your advertising as an improvement over jitterbug flip which is not loud enough. Also, when wearing hearing aides, can I use the speaker phone.
- Answer Thank you for your interest in our Lively Flip. The Lively Flip is the upgraded model from the Jitterbug Flip. The Lively Flip has the ability to block phone numbers, connect with Amazon Alexa so you can use your voice to make calls, write texts and even check the weather, just to list a few new features. To view more details about the Lively Flip, please see the Product Support page of our website.