Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $199.99
- Answer Light changing from the app definitely works. Can confirm based on unit received today.
QuestionHello, I just wonder that if I wanna get this product to Airplane with me, will there be any problem about batterry? So Does it contain a lithium battery ?
- Answer This item is strictly forbidden for air transport. Thank you for being proactive and checking!
QuestionHave used it for one day and twice it has thrown a child off and commenced to spinning in place very fast even though no one is on it. We calibrated it before first use per instructions and also calibrated again. What now? Defective?
- Answer TAKE IT BACK!! We had the same thing. The man at the store said it was the 3rd one he had returned for the same thing! From the spinning it burnt a whole in the kitchen floor, belly flopped someone, and broke a wrist!!!
Questionwhen my daughter (7 yrs) turns the hover board, it start beeping with red light (once). does anyone else has this issue? Do i need to return and get new one??
- Answer Please recalibrate the hoverboard.
QuestionHi is it ok for 10 year old to ride this model ? it dose say 15+ bet in pictures posted by best buy employee i do se younger kids!! ty
- Answer Yes is it is safe for 10 years old but I would say ages 9-26 is able to ride this model.
QuestionWhat is the battery size? I’ve seen some with 20v and others with 14v. Having different model names for every scooter for every different retailer makes comparison shopping very difficult for consumers comparing across the market!
- Answer Superfly is 36V battery. We use our powerfully 400W electric engine. 20V/14V are used with smaller 200W engines and are geared towards children
QuestionWhy does the instruction say it needs to be powered on to charge but each time I do that, it shuts itself down after 5 minutes? I do not know if this is a defect or its normal as the manual does not address this.
- Answer Hi, I charge the unit powered off. The battery charger has a green light that blinks VERY slowly indicating that the device is charging. Once charging is complete, the green LED light on the charger goes solid. I've no charging issues so far using this method. Thanks.
- Answer Yes it will. My son started riding it at 35lbs and does fantastic!
- Answer All Hover-1 models are uL 2272 certified
QuestionDo you need the app to use it? I’d like to get this for my son, but he doesn’t have a device to use the app on. I don’t mind using it on my phone for set up, but I’d prefer he can ride independently.
- Answer You don't have to use the app after you set it up initially. You would only use it later to make changes if needed.
QuestionWe just got these for Christmas. When the kids fall off or should I say step off quickly sometimes it spins out of control in circles. To stop it we (the adults) have to dangerously grab it from the middle to turn it off and restart? Help!!
- Answer This seems to be a defect in this hover board. I would return to the store as it will continue.
- Answer It says in the instructions to start with it in the grass until you get comfortable using it. We didn't take it in the grass - it was a cold day.
QuestionCan this unit be used on streets and/or parking lots? I have had some parents tell me they only let their kids use the Hover inside, and we will definitely not be allowing inside use so want to make sure we are getting ones that work outside.
- Answer Yes you can use it outside on flat surfaces like a normal street doesn't like inclines much
- Answer From what I've gathered by Hover-1 has a 90 day warranty. Which isn't a lot compared to others with a 1 year warranty. So I've been hesitant myself about this one also on the fence about the $60 store warranty when other on line retailers offer the same warranty for a half the price. However, this is Best Buy and much easier to return to store rather than ship this thing to another retailer and possibly have to pay the shipping cost for repair or return, so this alone could be worth the extra cost.. It's just a shame Hover-1 is skimpy on their own warranty.
QuestionI just got this for my daughter's birthday yesterday. Today she went to get off and it did the spin out and left marks on my kitchen floor. I had to grab it and turn it off. Is this really and issue I have to worry about, return, or is there a fix?
- Answer We have had the same issue. Just left a 1 star review for it because of this. The pad seems to stick down and causes the problem. I wasn't sure if this was limited to our unit, apparently not.
Questionwhy Hover-1 Superfly is not listed in the Hover-1 website. Is it some limited edition one or going soon to get retired product ? I only find this product even searchable in Best Buy portal?
- Answer The Superfly is an exclusive Best Buy Model, that's why you wont find it on our website. Not worry this model will stay around for long time.