Questions & Answers
- QuestionShielded or Non-shield (10 Answers)Answers
Bandwidth precedes data rates just as highways come before traffic. The cat 6 cable doubles the transmission rate. Doubling the bandwidth is like adding twice the number of lanes on a highway. The trends of the past and the predictions for the future indicate that data rates have been doubling every 18 months. Current applications running at 1 Gb/s are really pushing the limits of category 5e cabling. As streaming media applications such as video and multi-media become commonplace, the demands for faster data rates will increase and spawn new applications that will benefit from the higher bandwidth offered by category 6. This is exactly what happened in the early 90’s when the higher bandwidth of category 5 cabling compared to category 3 caused most LAN applications to choose the better media to allow simpler, cost effective, higher speed LAN applications, such as 100BASE-TX. Note: Bandwidth is defined as the highest frequency up to which positive power sum ACR (Attenuation to Crosstalk Ratio) is greater than zero.
- QuestionUse with MacBook Pro (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan i use this in wall? (10 Answers)
- Questionwill this cable work for a ps4? (11 Answers)Answers
- QuestionI have a phone line computer but no phone outlet do they make a phone jack that hooks to computer but connects to cable line. So cable line to phone line into computer (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill this cable be able to get software updates from Samsung using the the Internet & LAN connections from my Fios router to a Samsung 40 6250 seriesHD Smart LED TV[1080p 120MR] ? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDo I need this cable to connect my Samsung DVD player with built in apps to my hi-speed modem to view apps on my tv? (5 Answers)
- QuestionWhat type of Ethernet cable van be used in a wall. Can cat 5 or 6 be used if only about 2 feet is in a wall? (5 Answers)
- QuestionCan I use this cable to hook up another computer which is not on line? What else is required? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWould this Cat-6 Network cable be suitable if I had to mount it outdoors? Or is it only for indoor use? Thanks. (5 Answers)Answers
If the cable does NOT say it is good for outdoors I would not use it in that manner. When you make your purchase look for that in the description! I did NOT see that in the description of this product... but I do use this type when going under the house... although you should check your local water table. Have had no problems with this type under the house... YMMV?
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions