Questions & Answers
- Questioncompatability (10 Answers)Answers
That is exactly what I did. Need to get data off of a hard drive from a old broken PC. Worked great. Only issue was file permissions and ownership needed to be tweaked once the drive was mounted on the new PC via the USB enclosure.
- QuestionI see that a screwdriver is a supplied accessory. If it is plug and play, what is the use of screwdriver. It seems that I need to have serious assembly to perform. (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat accessories come with this and does it work for both IDE and SATA drives (6 Answers)
- QuestionWill the Insignia™ - 3.5 Serial ATA Hard Drive Enclosure work properly with Windows 10 Home Edition. (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionAnyone use this on a ps4 pro, as an external hard drive? I have a 3.5" 2 TB HD laying around that I plan on putting in this. I believe it needs to be usb 3.0 which I believe this is. Can anyone verify that this would work? (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionHow well does this case format help cool the SATA HD operating inside the case? (7 Answers)
I have a concern about the proper cooling for a SATA HD (non portable) housed internally.. The case only appears to have heatsinks on both sides that provide some level of heat dissipation. Is that sufficient if the case is sealed on both ends? To be on the safe side, I slightly opened the back door to the cover to let the hot air flow out better. Is that necessary or a good practice? I believe it is but wanted to get additional comments if possible.. For those that may have this setup, any comments/input would be appreciated.. ThanksAnswers
I agree - the drive gets very hot inside this case. I would not use it as a constant-on external drive case, but it would be ok for transferring files and only on for short periods. For an external drive with heavy constant use, I'd get a case with ventilation and even a fan.
- QuestionFormat windows hard disk to Apple ? (8 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat storage or RAM does it have? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes this support 4TB and would it be something I can give my wife to throw in her purse to use as off site storage. Have 45K photos to safeguard. (5 Answers)Answers
- Questionwill this work with a faulty hd. (4 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions