Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $149.99
The regular price is $199.99
QuestionCan you add a universal remote that allows direct channel entry?This is a great TV and the Roku works great. The problems is the remote only has channel-up, channel-down. If you have over 100 satellite channels it is not efficient. I realize the universal remote can't be used for Roku activities but it is sorely needed to make this a 5 star TV.
- Answer There are a couple of tricks to speed up channel changing. Up/Down as you mention change one channel at a time. You can press Left to see the channel list and quickly jump to another channel. While in the channel list FF and REW keys will jump a screen at a time to quickly jump to another channel far away from the current one. You can also edit the channel list from the Settings menu and hide channels you don't watch so you only surf through your favorite channels.
QuestionHow is the remote/user experience?How is the remote using experience? For instance, do you find it hard to click the volume buttons on the side? How about the lack of number keys? Also, do you find the interface to be pretty zippy or a little sluggish? What about the picture quality? It seems like a great TV, but I just hope it's not too good to be true.
- Answer Hi Matt. I like having the volume controls on the side. I found it super quick to learn to use the remote control without having to look at it every time I need to press a key - a real joy compared to remotes with tons of keys, At my house I have about 100 over the air channels and I'm able to change quickly to the ones I like by hiding channels I never watch and using the popup channel list (press the Left key while watching the tuner) to jump to the channel I want.
- Answer Hi Joeshmo. The Insignia Roku TV support 802.11 b/g/n in both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands. It does not support 801.11ac.
- Answer Yes it does. It found all my local channels fairly quickly.
- Answer Yes it is wall mountable. That is an error on the page. I will get that fixed. The TV is compatible with wall mount that support a VESA 100x100 pattern.
QuestionCan I watch Sling TV without additional hardware?I have a subscription to Sling TV. I have to use a Fire TV stick to watch Sling programming on my "dumb" TV. Will Sling TV programs play on this Insignia TV without additional hardware?
- Answer Yes. The Insignia Roku TV supports the Sling TV channel in the Roku channel store. Your subscription should work just fine.
- Answer There is not, however, wireless headphone can be synced via bluetooth
QuestionHow is the Roku processor in this TV compared to the Roku 3?I currently own a Roku 3 and the reason I went for that model was due to the bad reviews of the lower models. The Roku 3 had a faster processor/antenna which would allow better picture/streaming experience. I am interested in this TV, however, I am still not sure if I should buy this TV for an all in one experience, or buy a regular TV, and Roku 3 separately.
- Answer Faster, more responsive, more sensitive to the incoming signal, less problematic with the remote pairing and remote lag (there is no remote lag), and there is never any buffering mid-stream (even though the TV is is a WiFi dead zone in my house), where as my Roku 3 will buffer even though it is prioritized and hard-wired to my router. The TV rocks.
QuestionWill the built in ROKU allow Amazon Instant Movies on Prime to play without an additional streaming device?
- Answer we are using prime with our Roku tv and works great
Questionhow do i switch inputs to use a DVD player?i see the antenna tv app but can't figure out how to change input to play from one of the HDMI ports
- Answer If you go to your home screen you should see all the inputs unless you accidentally set them to be hidden. Selecting and set-up of your home screen is on pages 39 and 40 of the owners manual. If you don't have it already, go to Insignia's web site (google "Insignia"). Once you are on Insignia's web site, type in your model number in Insignia's search box. When you get to the web page for this model, select the "Support/Downloads" tab, and download the complete user's manual.
QuestionCan you watch videos from the USB port?On most TVs you can easily watch videos off a USB drive, I am asking this because the description says you can view jpeg images from the USB port, but doesn't say anything about videos. Normally I would just assume it can read videos off the USB port. Thanks!
- Answer Yes, H.264-encoded videos will play off a USB drive plugged into the TV. That's the format most cell phones shoot. There are older video formats, like DIVX, that the TV won't play.
- Answer Until the FCC chooses to unbundle cable service, there are still a number of channels you cannot get; but you can get the most popular ones through subscriptions: Hulu, Sling and direct subscriptions (e.g. HBO). These start to add up. Still, I don't miss my cable subscription. One bit. I certainly don't miss the $180/month. Sports fans are the most hurt by channel availability on Roku.
- Answer Yes, you can watch the Amazon Prime App, as long as you have an Amazon Prime account. When you open up the App on the TV, it will ask for your Amazon Prime Login details.
QuestionAbout RokuAfter purchased the this TV with Roku do I need to pay Roku every month in order to use their channels?
- Answer No, the Roku interface does not require any additional monthly subscription. The Roku app does allow access to multiple apps that may have their own access subscription requirements, like Netflix.
QuestionDoes it work with Cable?I have read where the remote does not come with a number pad to change the channels. This TV would be going into a room that has cable (Time Warner), but not a cable box that has its own remote. Will I still be able to change the channels with the remote that comes with this TV?
- Answer You are right that the TV remote for the Roku integrated TVs does not have any number buttons. You are able to scroll through the channels normally as well as pull up a channel list to jump to a specific channel.
- Answer This unit has both analog and digital audio outputs for connecting to external devices.
QuestionIs there a way to add an antenna for broadcast local channels?Can I also access my local channels via antenna?
- Answer Yes, it has an RF input and will allow you to autotune antenna channels. You can use the left arrow to show all channels when on the Antenna Input.
QuestionWill the TV work if ROKU is not supported?The television appears excellent for the money. However, I am concerned about purchasing the TV with the ROKU firmware. Will the TV still function properly if ROKU goes out of business and is no longer supported?
- Answer Yes, the TV will continue to function. I would not worry about ROKU though as they are a great dependable company that we are happy to partner with.
QuestionAny way to connect to satellite tv by default?When I hit the power on button via the Insignia TV remote, i'm prompted with several sources i.e. Netflix, satellite tv, HBO, Hulu etc, etc., What i'd like to know is whether if it is possible to just get the TV to turn on and show full screen my satellite tv feed. I don't want to be prompted with the whole list of applications. Thanks much
- Answer Go to Settings -> System -> Power On, then select the input the satellite signal is incoming from, or the you can choose to have the TV power on tuned to the last used input.
- Answer No. But any HDMI cable will work great