Questions & Answers
- QuestionIn one of the photos i can see a Google Play button on the remote, is that means that you can download Google apps in the tv as well. if not why is the used for. Thanks (4 Answers)Answers
Google has unfortunately named this Roku channel "Google Play", but it is not the all-encompassing Google Play Store that has apps for everything from browsers to games. This particular incarnation of "Google Play" only lets you view Movies and TV shows you have bought or acquired for free on the Google Play store or through this interface using your credit card. You also won't be able to listen to any of the music you bought or acquired for free from the Google Play Store. What I've viewed of the items I've acquired on Google Play store is severely compressed, so don't expect Google Play streaming video to be very crisp on your 1080p Roku TV. Many other people have been writing in that you can download apps. Well I have a Roku 3 and this Roku TV, and can certify that as of this posting date, the Roku channel "Google Play" does not allow you to download or install Google Apps. Worse, one was actually chosen as the best answer that flagrantly says "Yes, you can install Google Play Apps." But you can't. It would be great if that answer were omitted because a lot of people are going to be sorely disappointed if they buy a Roku 3 or a Roku TV and realize it's not an android device and it won't download their favorite apps.
- QuestionWhat is "Roku"? (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionHow much space does the stand take? In other words, what is the measurement in between the two legs of the stand? (2 Answers)Answers
- Questionwhat is the difference between there platforms, I am looking at a 39 inch insignia Roku smart hdtv and a 39 inch regular smart tv, idk which one I should get, so what are all of the pros and cons of both tvs, what are the differences? (1 Answer)Answers
A Roku TV has a wider array of available "channels" than ordinary smart TV's. For instance, if you're interested in AcornTV (BBC videos), you're pretty much out of luck with most other smart TV's. And when they do offer AcornTV, the interface is garbage. For instance, Amazon FireTV's implementation of AcornTV is actually worse than useless. That said, if you're looking for something to surf the web on your television, Smart TV's have Roku beat. There is no web browser on Roku, but this is by design. A web browser makes it too easy for hackers to get into a smart TV. The lesson is, don't surf the web on your smart TV. Norton doesn't make a product to protect them.
- QuestionWhat are the outer measurements? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionOn the remote, I dont see volume up and down buttons? How is this controlled? Are there volume options available on the screen that you can control using the side arrows or do you have to physically go to the TV every time you need volume controlled? (2 Answers)Answers
- Questiondoes this tv have amazon app? (2 Answers)
- QuestionDoes this TV have a built-in web browser like other smart TVs? (2 Answers)
- QuestionIs this mountable to the wall? (5 Answers)
- QuestionWhat's the refresh rate? (2 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions