QuestionIs it possible to install with direct wiring? In other words with no power outlet? Is an electrician required for this kind of install?
- Answer Yes no power outlet. The one that I bought a replacement for one already present. It had a wall switch.
QuestionCan you connect this disposal to a dishwasher? And can I use it to replace my old 1/3 horsepower Sinkguard?
- Answer Hi Kim, all InSinkErator household disposers can be connected to a dishwasher. You can check out the installation guide here: https://insinkerator.emerson.com/documents/badger-5-installation-care-use-manual-english-en-us-7832790.pdf. And to check if this will work as a replacement to your old disposer, here's the product specs for your reference: https://insinkerator.emerson.com/documents/badger-5-specification-sheet-en-us-6868076.pdf.
QuestionI am doing a kitchen renovation and adding a disposal. I see there is a decision between a regular switch (like a light switch) and an air-pressure switch. Does this work with either and is one recommended over the other? Thanks.
- Answer Hi donin13, this model works either on a wall switch or an air air-activated switch. Depending on your choice of how you would like to operate your disposer. You may want to check this link on how the air switch is installed: https://bit.ly/3FxC3Zb.
- Answer Hi Dani, thanks for your question. The SinkMaster Whirlaway is from a different manufacturer. However, InSinkErator garbage disposers are designed for effortless replacement and installation. Our patented Quick Lock® makes it fast and simple to replace one InSinkErator garbage disposal for another. With similar plumbing rough-in dimensions, you can easily swap a Badger® disposal with ANY Badger or Evolution Series® for quick, do-it-yourself installation.
QuestionWould this unit, the 5 series replace a 500-1 Badger model? I would assume so, however I want to be certain.
- Answer Hello Acquafr! Yes, the Badger 5 is just the same as Badger 500.
QuestionYes, thank you. Can ou confirm that this unit is 120V, and 5.6Amps? I have two numbers, 12875/N and 12011761503 is the other. Maybe Model number, and Serial number? Thanks for your time.
- Answer Hi Mike, we’re glad that you reached out! Based on the serial number 12011761503, it shows that this is a Badger 1 model. It has 120 volts and 5.6 amps. Here’s the product specs for your reference: https://insinkerator.emerson.com/documents/badger-1-garbage-disposal-specifications-en-us-6320196.pdf.
- Answer Hi SawDust, thanks for reaching out. The grind chamber or the body of the unit is made of plastic, while the grinding components which include the grind plate, and the two metal swivel lugs are made of galvanized steel. Here’s the product specs for your reference: https://insinkerator.emerson.com/documents/badger-5-specification-sheet-en-us-6868076.pdf.