Questions & Answers
QuestionI was wondering we have no Wifi at our house. We do have a dog. Is there a better IRobot for my house for it. So I am not paying for the App part of it. Or with No Wifi will it still work at my house.
- Answer Yes it will still work without wifi!!! The only reason why you would need wifi is for the app which you can start, stop and return it to home station by using your phone. But since you dont have wifi you will just have to touch the buttons on the top of the vacuum to start stop and send to home base. I did this before my wife and I downloaded the app.
QuestionI have a Roomba 890 purchased 07/07/2018 I also purchased the extended 2 year warranty. Is my Roomba still covered?
- Answer Even with your warranty they’ll make you pay for another one.”warranty” from roomba is a one time thing.apparently roomba thinks if it broke twice it has to be our fault while they have absolutely the worst vacuum or product on the market(since it costs 3 million dollars.).they all break every 3-6 months.period.I have years of Best Buy app to prove.
QuestionI have mostly carpet in my home, except the kitchen which has wood plank floor, no animals in this home, but is very dusty at time. Would roomba 890 work for me? and I do have wifi.
- Answer Candy, yes - this Roomba would do an excellent job in the environment you've described. Also, just a note that you only need WiFi if you want to use the free iRobot Home app to schedule or stop/start your Roomba. You don't need WiFi to run Roomba, though; you can simply press the Clean button on the robot.
- Answer Don’t know. Ask mfg.
QuestionWe have carpet through out the house, will the Roomba 890 go from room to room? Also have shag throw rugs on top of carpet, will the 890 get stuck on them?
- Answer It will go from room to room until it completes the entire area. It will handle the shag rugs without a problem.
- Answer Yes
- Answer Wouldn't see a problem w/ dry cat litter. Ours handles most dry crumb like material without issue, however a friends was a mess when it ran over dog poop.
QuestionThere are a ton of warning reviews about the 690 scratching hardwood and tile floors. Is this not the case with the 890? Thank you!
- Answer I have hard wood floors and I have not experienced this. I also use it every day because I have a dog.
QuestionI have a small house full of furniture with hardwood been looking for one because wife and me don't get around that good we don't have iphones but we have wifi but my son and family livr here and thay do could anybody recommend something
- Answer It's a great addition to your vacuum, but won't replace it 100% . Occasionally you'll still need to vacuum. The iRobot will work with out the app by pressing the button on top. Your family could set up the unit for you on their phone/tablet to get it on your Wi-Fi then you could control it with Alexa/Google Home.
QuestionI have laminate and tile. There is a trim board along edge of laminate and tile. Will this roomba be able o go over the edge to tile or go over to reach laminate. Will it scratch my laminate?
- Answer Ours has to go over a small divider between our carpet and tile and it didn't have any problems.
Questiondoe this product clean pet hair
- Answer I have a 90lb AmStaff/AmBully and he has fine hair. It picks that up plus the dander, dust, treat crumbs, or dirt with no problem. For me it was a great buy because I can just let it go around my condo and it picks up his har. I use it everyday.
Questionit said the phone is sold separately. what kind of phone to be used to be compatible with this vacuum cleaner?
- Answer I have an iPhone. It works for both Android and IOS. I can even control it from my iPad.
- Answer Yes this is perfect for people who are looking for a quick clean up of dog hair & dust. I have a German Shepherd that sheds a lot every single day so it was perfect for me. Only downside is if there’s a ton of fur everywhere you’ll have to empty it out a couple times between the clean up.
- Answer None.they will disappoint you dearly.