Questions & Answers
- Answer I don't know about the 891 but I have a 890 I feel it does a good job for me I have 4 dogs just clean the rollers underneath out keep filter clean and emptied.I had a 690 a few years back did not like it piece of junk it does seem that the higher numbers is better quality.
QuestionThe roomba 891, does it have to be controlled by a phone. if it does, what is the next best roomba for power and suction that does not have to be controlled by a phone
- Answer Controlling it by phone is optional. I dont have the phone app.
QuestionI am looking for a roomba for my parents. They do not have a smartphone. What would be the best model?
- Answer Controlling the vacuum by phone is optional. It will work with a push of a button on top of the device. All it needs is to be charged before each use and it will run for about an hour. I myself have had this for 3 months and have never used the app or programmed it with my phone.
QuestionDoes the Roomba 891 App controlled have wifi or does it have to be within Bluetooth range to use the app?
- Answer It has wifi capability, I can control it from anywhere.
- Answer Absolutely nothing, and I wouldn’t recommend either. Go up to a 900 series for a real quality one
QuestionTrying to set up my 890 through the App. When connecting it states "Oly Roomba i series supports 5 Ghz Wi-Fi9 networks for other Roomba models, please connect your phone to a 2.4 Ghz Wi-fi network for setup. Not that computer literate..... Help, please.
- Answer We have Comcast, which is a broadband service. I had to call them and have them walk me through splitting out our 2.4 Ghz network so the Roomba app could "see" it. It was pretty simple, and came in handy when we got some Alexa wall plugs that needed to "see" the 2.4 Ghz, as well.
- Answer no it doesn't
- Answer That is a hard one to answer. It depends on how big, complex your space is to clean. The 890 works great on my open floor plan 800sq ft first floor, but if you have a lot more space with rooms, you may want to take it up to the900 series. For me, I’d get the cheapest one that works well for your space. That is good value for the money
QuestionHow do I buy one 220 volts? Is it possible to order one already 200 volts or to order a charger with an adaptor?
- Answer I would contact the manufacturer.
- Answer The 890 has a virtual wall included. The 891 does not.
QuestionWe have primarily hardwood floors but also have (4) Karastan woven area rugs in high traffic areas. The rugs have a fringe on the ends and we are concerned about the Roomba 890 getting tangled up in them. Will the Roomba work without getting tangled up?
- Answer Dear Fairway 67, I don't have fringe on any of my area rugs. I have noticed that it pushes at the edge on my throw rugs and pushed them out of the way, Your Karastan rugs would be much heavier than mine and may not have a problem. I would ask the manufacturer. I'm Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
- Answer it works fine, it just goes around and has never fallen down our stairs.
QuestionHow do I stop my roomba from starting automatically. I never programmed it and unlike my 2 other models this new one doesn’t have any areas on its face to do so
- Answer I downloaded the app and I can program the set days and times for it to clean. And the main bottom you can click in the center to stop it from cleaning. I would recommend downloading the app it’s super convenient