Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $29.99
QuestionI can't get the buds to connect to my phone or tablet. They are not recognizing the buds . Is there something I need to know to get it connected to bluetooth? I returned them and got a second pair assuming there was a problem with the buds, but same issue
- Answer My husband couldn’t either & thought they were broken. But I connected right away. Once you turn it on you have to hold the button until it says “pairing”. It feels like a long time, but it will eventually say it. Make sure your Bluetooth is on your phone as well.
- Answer I used these at the gym while my wife call and had to FaceTime her because she didn’t believe I was at the gym because she couldn’t hear any background noise lol so yeah works great!
QuestionThis is my second pair in 3 weeks I returned the first because I could not get a good volume on the left bud thought it was my hearing. So I put it in my right ear and sound was still very low the right bud is fine. The new pair is doing the same thing
- Answer Just out of curiosity, what kind of item are you listening to? I have not noticed this behavior in them personally, but I do know that the way some music is recorded has a similar sounding symptom. Items that are recorded in mono (as opposed to stereo) may have this symptom. Recording in mono is more common in older music (I would say pre 1980). For example, I noticed this in listing to music from Joe Walsh. One earpiece you can hear the music clearly, while the other you hear a faint "echo" of it. It has do do with how they panned the sound from the left channel to the right channel during the conversion to digital. I hope this helps, or at least is a little informative.
QuestionDo you have to keep your IPhone with you when running to get your music from itunes? Assuming yes, but I'm not that much into technology so I want to be sure. Thanks.
- Answer Your phone has to be within approx 33 feet of the bluetooth earbuds.
QuestionEven when I tap the volume up to top level, the sound is too low. How can I override this to get more volume? Thank you.
- Answer Hi there, you can turn up the volume on your device to increase the volume further. -JLab
QuestionCan you swim in these Jlab Fitsport earbuds? Of course with the phone within range of approximately 25-30ft
- Answer You cannot swim with these buds. -JLab
- Answer I purchased these headphones about a month ago. Returned them about two days later. They are rechargeable headphones that do not come with a replaceable battery. So again, no battery to replace on these headphones
- Answer If you remember to charge them they last a good while. I know that's not a real clear amount of time, but I only use them at night with the TV when I am going to sleep. If I have forgotten to charge them, sometimes they'll still have a medium battery life, and that is very brief. If they are fully charged, I have gone to sleep and awakened six to eight hours later with them still working. Hope that helps some.
- Answer Hi there, these earbuds are splash-proof, sweat proof and washable but they are not meant to be worn while swimming or to be put under water for long amounts of time. -JLab Audio
QuestionHow quiet are these? I listen to music at a very low volume to fall asleep - like the lowest volume on the iPhone.
- Answer The have a good adjustment of low to high. I don't use iPhone so I can't tell you if it's as low as the softest setting on your iPhone
QuestionJust got them yesterday and while running the right bud stopped working. Is there any way to fix this?
- Answer I would return them and get money back or ask for another pair.
Questiondo these work with a ps4?
- Answer Hello, Yes, they will indeed work for audio. You will need to be hard wired to take advantage of online communication. When you get a chance, please reach out to us either via email email@example.com or shoot us a call at 405.445.7219 Monday-Thursday between 8am-5pm p.t Friday 8am-3pm p.t so that we may get you taken care of under warranty. We want to help you #FINDYOURGO JLab Audio