Questions & Answers
- QuestionDoes this need anything additional to purchase for proper installation, and how difficult is it to self- install? (1 Answer)Answers
I'm somewhat handy and had no real problem installing this myself. I simply removed the old fan/light range hood and installed this microwave/convection oven in its place. I opted to use the default option of the recirculating fan instead of configuring an exterior vent so therefore I did not need to buy anything to install this that didn't already come in the box. The paper instructions have a template to locate holes for the top screws and the plug. This unit requires a 20A breaker, but luckily my outlet above the stove already had that. The top of the box is a template you use to very carefully locate where you will mount the rear bracket. You need to mount both ends of the bracket into the wall with drywall anchors if studs are not at those holes or just straight to the studs if your lucky enough that your studs do line up with the ends of the bracket. If you did use the drywall anchors at the ends, then you must find at least one hole in the bracket that is in front of a stud so that you can secure the bracket to at least one stud, preferably two. Once the bracket is in place, just roll the back edge of the oven onto it and then run screws through the upper cabinet down into the microwave to hold it into place. You may need a second pair of hands to help with this step because the oven is rather heavy to hold, roll onto the bracket, AND screw to the upper cabinet. You cannot let go until the upper screws are in place. -Dan
- QuestionI need a powerful ventilation system, description says 6 speed fan, but how powerful is it? (2 Answers)Answers
A previous question answers this as 400CFM. That seems about right as the top speed definitely has noise, turbulence, and strong air flow. The 1000W answer has nothing to do with the fan, but refers to the wattage of the microwave oven.
- Questionwhat is the minimum installation height above an induction cook-top (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan this be rear vented outside (8 Answers)Answers
Yes, definitely. This is covered in the manual. By default, the fan is positioned to vent indoors (recirculate), but the installation instructions also cover how to remove and rotate the fan so that it blows out a pre-existing vent to the outside.
- QuestionWhat is the dimension of kitchen aid 1.9 cu ft convection over the range microoven ? This black color is stainless black or pure black? (1 Answer)
- Questionis the handle solid stainless or a stainless overlay that will peel when exposed to steam? (5 Answers)
- QuestionWill this mount under a 15 inch deep cabinet? (2 Answers)
- QuestionDoes this unit function as a "hood" over the range so that when I am cooking on the stove it vents through a duct to the ceiling? (5 Answers)Answers
Yes, this microwave will either recirculate, vent out the back or vent out the top. Before install you just need to remove the fan & rotate it which way to want it to vent, it's super easy. I believe pretty much all over the range microwaves do this...at least from the research I did before purchasing this one.
- Questioncan this be installed if you don't have a top vent? I need it to front vent? (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat is the top CFM on this unit? (1 Answer)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions