Questions & Answers
- QuestionPicture shows bowl lift and not tilt head, item number is for bowl lift which is correct? (11 Answers)Answers
This mixer has a tilt-head for easy access to the mixing bowl. It also has a bowl-lift design that offers stability and support when mixing large batches. You can use the lever to smoothly raise the mixing bowl into position.
- QuestionIs this bowl lifter model being discontinued? What is the negative to this feature? (9 Answers)Answers
I certainly hope the bowl lifter version is not being discontinued! I consider that to be an indispensable feature on my decades old Pro Line mixer with a 7 quart bowl. If it ever dies it will definitely be replaced with another bowl lifter model. The bowl lifter feature attaches the bowl very rigidly to the lifter frame, ensuring rock solid stability during use with simple detachment when done. My mixer, like many others mentioned in these posts, Was too tall to fit under our 1970's vintage kitchen cabinets when we first bought it. So when we remodeled several years later an important spec was clearance between counter top and upper cabinet bottoms. We specified this at 1/2 inch greater that the height of the mixer. We never store the mixer on the counter top but the clearance is handy when we need to push the mixer back out of the way temporarily during food preparation. The mixer is stored in a large floor-to-ceiling pantry cabinet with four shallow slide-out drawers in the bottom section. Height from the top of the top drawer to the bottom rail of the upper cabinet is, you guessed it, 1/2 inch greater than the height of the mixer. Making the height of the mixer any less than it is would definitely sacrifice utility of the machine.
- QuestionWhat is the difference between the Professional 5 Plus and the Professional 500? (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIf you don't tilt the mixer back, how do you get the bowl out? I looked one at a different store, and it seemed you had to take the attachment out before the bowl could slide out. Seems messy! (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan I use a standard mixing bowl with this model? That way I don't have to wash the bowl that comes with ro mix the frosting or something else (5 Answers)Answers
No. An ordinary bowl would not work with this mixer. The manufacturer bowl is designed with fittings on the side that secure it into place on the mixer. The bowl-lift feature then raises the bowl to the proper level for mixing, where the beaters clear the edge of the bowl at exactly that height and width. You can purchase additional bowls, however.
- QuestionDoes this particular model come with the coated accessory attachments (like the bread hook) or does it come with the burnished metal accessories? (5 Answers)
- QuestionAre these refurbished or new in box? (10 Answers)
- QuestionHow many watts is this mixer? (10 Answers)
- Questionwhat are the dimensions of this mixer? (4 Answers)
- QuestionNo warranty? (5 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions