Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $249.00
The previous price was $299.00
QuestionHow many choice of models?
- Answer I believe there will be a model with 64 GB of storage in addition to this model, which has 128 GB of storage. I think the price difference is only $20. It's possible that Best Buy won't even carry the model with 64 GB--the price difference is not worth the downgrade IMHO.
QuestionDoes the Duet run Microsoft Word, and if so what version: Android or the normal windows version?
- Answer The Duet runs Chrome OS, so yes it is able to access Microsoft Word though it'll be the Android version which you can get through the Google Play Store. It is capable enough for light-work - editing word documents, creating all-text documents etc. You can also access Office Online through the Chrome browser.
- Answer The device will get updates for 8 years
QuestionDoes Chromebook Duet come with a Stylus Support? can I draw on it like Ipad? Does it have palm rejection?
- Answer It is compatible with any USI stylus. This is a fairly new stylus standard and I've only seen one made by HP so far. It should let you draw and feature palm rejection. I would honestly wait for reviews though if you are even slightly concerned about issues like input lag.
- Answer It is located at the top of the device
- Answer Unfortunately, it does not have a memory card slot. Any external storage would have to be picked up by the device via USB-C
QuestionHas anyone found a case and screen protector that fit the tablet portion, as that is what we primarily use it as? We are struggling to find one compatible. Thank you.
- Answer Can't help you on the case, but I got a screen protector from Amazon, guessing links are frowned upon, but if you search PCprofessional Lenovo duet ... Or some such, you will see a picture of a lion and you're there. They aren't glass, which is what I hunted for, but they fit.
- Answer the usb c port supports a hdmi adapter or dock (not sold with devise)
QuestionDoes this have a headphone jack? I read in another article there is no headphone jack. Also, is this considered a touchscreen? It is not specified.
- Answer It comes with a usb c to jack connector in the box with it I think to plug headphones into it and yes it is considered touchscreen since it is part tablet I would think!
QuestionLook for the best laptop 2-1 for my daughter who is doing distance learning in the 3rd grade. Would this be a good choice if not. Which one would be?
- Answer Yes, this would be a great choice. It comes with a keyboard/trackpad and it is touchscreen. The screen is 10 inches which is easier to hold than the other 2-1 options out there that are around 12-14 inches.
- Answer Chrome OS gives you the option to mirror (or cast) your screen to compatible devices or TV's.
QuestionHow long does the Lenovo Duet (128 GB version) take to fully charge from dead/almost dead when using the charger it comes with? Thanks.
- Answer Four hours or so with the included charger. You can cut that time in half -- or less -- if you buy a 20-30 watt intelligent PD charger and USB-C-to-USB-C charger cable. I did this right away.
- Answer The Lenovo Duet Chromebook has Bluetooth 4.2 capability and a USB Type-C 2.0 version port. If the wireless mouse uses a USB Dongle, you will need a USB-c to USB adapter. The Duet is a Chromebook and uses the Chrome Operating System. It is compatible with Google Play Store APPs. We recommend you check with the remote learning provider for the requirements and compatibility of their learning site as well as the software publisher's web sites of the software the learner will need to use, for their compatibility with the Chrome operating system and the minimum/recommended hardware requirements (Is a Graphics card required, the processor speed and the minimum required system RAM and the minimum available hard drive space) to run their program, then compare those requirements to this system's configuration.
QuestionDo you have any recommendations of a good portable USB c hub to get that will also charge the Lenovo duet? thanks.
- Answer I use a QGeeM USB-C 7Port Multifunctional Converter. It will charge the Lenovo duet while in use with ports.
QuestionMy daughter needs a laptop for digital learning. Does this laptop come with Microsoft word & windows 10?
- Answer The Lenovo Duet Chromebook uses Google Docs for office type programs. Google Docs is completely compatible with Microsoft Office Programs and this is a free service through the Google Server. If you must have the actual Microsoft Office Programs, you can purchase Microsoft Office 365 for this Chromebook at the Google Play Store.
QuestionCan you close this like a laptop when the keyboard is attached? And if so, is there anything to protect the screen?
- Answer You can cover the screen with the keyboard but there is nothing to lock it in place and keep it closed.