Questions & Answers
- QuestionAre there problems with fan noise like on Yoga 710? I am asking this because, I have already read some complains on internet about 720 15'' because of fun noise. I hoped that Lenovo will solve fan noise problems after complains on Yoga 710? (3 Answers)Answers
- QuestionRAM Q: Is the RAM in the BBY Lenovo yoga 720 upgradeable? I know that the mentioned 8GB is on-board (hence it's not), but is there an empty RAM slot for more RAM? A slightly different Lenovo 720 model allows the 8GB model to go to 16GB... per there site (4 Answers)Answers
There is 8GB soldered to the motherboard which is not user upgradable. But there is 1 empty slot that is hidden under rectangular metal lid that you can use it to install another 8GB (MAX 16GB), but you have to pick one with 2133MHz speed and this is SODIMM 260pin module.
- QuestionIs the BIOS locked down to stop Linux instal like the Lenovo Yoga 710 2-in1 Signature Edition? Is the SSD locked in a proprietary RAID-0 mode that Linux doesn't support? Can BIOS be set to AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) mode for the SSD? (3 Answers)Answers
Thanks for the reply guys. I purchased this laptop last week (16Gig 4k-UHD GTX1050 model $1249.99) and changed the SSD to AHCI and did a clean install of Win-10 1703 with no problems. Lenovo makes it easy to download all the drivers you need for a clean install. I also added a 100MB partition and installed Fedora-25 with no problems. The WIFI card worked perfectly with Fedora-25! I am extremely impressed with this laptop and very happy with my purchased. I highly recommend it. Also, the display is a true 4K-UHD display and not a cheep PenTile display like the ASUS 2-1 and some other low cost gaming laptops like Samsung, HP and Dells. One note, the laptop had a dead pixel and the workers at Best-Buy replaced it no questions asked. Kudos to Best-Buy for having a consumer friendly return/exchange policy.
- QuestionWhere's the SD Card Reader on the 720? (2 Answers)
- QuestionI've read in other models where the Yoga has issues with a loud fan. Does this also have an issue with the fan being loud? (2 Answers)Answers
Not with this model, Since it does not have nvidia GTX graphics card, it would not need to cool so hard with full spin of fans. There could be a loud fan with model comes with nvidia card, and which is normal in that case.
- QuestionI am confused, is the Thunderbolt port connected to 2 PCI lanes or 4 PCI lanes for this non-dgpu model? Jared's question had the response "The Thunderbolt 3 USB-c port has data transfer rates of 40Gbps." which is the speed for full bandwidth - 4 lanes. (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionCan you add additional storage to this device? I see there is no SD card reader. (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes this come with the active pen? I just unboxed mine but there's an empty box for the pen and the pamphlet shows it as something to unpack. (2 Answers)
- QuestionWill Lenovo Yoga 720 15'' be available with Intel i5 processor or only with i7? (1 Answer)
- QuestionHow long does the battery last due to WIFI browsing with screen on full brightness and the high performance power plan? (2 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions