Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $799.99
The previous price was $899.99
- Answer Remove the lower rack and position the bottom spray arm so a wider vee is open to the front. Turn the inner filter counter-clockwise and take out the assembled inner filter and stainless steel filter. With the filters removed, check the sump opening and remove any foreign materials, if needed. Clean the filters with a soft brush under running water. Reassemble the filters before reinstalling them. To replace the assembled filters, position the spray arm so the wider vee is toward the front. Fit the filters back into the filter holder and secure them by turning the inner filter clockwise until it clicks into place. ^Daphane
QuestionHow is the drying in this machine(LDFN4542S) different from LDF5545SS model?. What's the advantage and limitations?
- Answer I can't speak to the other model you're comparing it to but if you use Rinse Aid and set the machine for the Extra Dry cycle AND load it properly so that water collectable basins on your dishes face down as much as possible the machine seems to do well, No machine has ever been perfect and plastic is a problem for all dishwashers as are oddly shaped dishes that allow water pools in multiple places. Unload at the bottom first so the upper rack doesn't splash to the bottom and just try not to overload the machine and I think it will be fine. What towel drying I have had to do hasn't bothered me so far.
QuestionCan this model LDN4542W be hard wired to the electrical source, instead of using a power cord ?
- Answer This unit requires hard wiring. ^Daphane
QuestionDoes this model come with a bottom foot kick plate? The photos show not, but what the heck for the price! Please help. Ugly otherwise looks unfinished. Thanks.
- Answer This LG dishwasher comes with a black metal kickplate held in place with two screws.
- Answer For best wash performance, clean the filter after each load. If food debris remains in the filter, it may cause an odor. • In areas with hard water, clean the filter at least once a month with a soft brush. • Clean the filters using non-abrasive materials and warm running water. ^Daphane
- Answer There are 9 wash cycles which include Auto, Heavy, Delicate, Normal, Turbo, Download Cycle, Machine Clean, Rinse and Express. Please see the page 29 of the owner's manual for detailed information for each cycle, https://files.bbystatic.com/euq%2FVYIIhzXQhJ1H4lfKCw%3D%3D/Owners%2BManual. ^Daphane
- Answer Model LDFN4542S does not have a special rack to long stem glassware. Place cups and glasses in the rows between the rack tines. Placing them over the rack tines can lead to breakage and water spots. To avoid chipping, do not let stemware touch other items. ^Daphane
QuestionWhat package of parts do I need to purchase this to install? Or are all parts and tubes included with the Dishwasher?
- Answer You’ll need the “Smart Choice - Universal 6’ Deluxe Dishwasher Install Kit-Multi.” I think it was $29.99
QuestionTo be NSF certified(NSF/ANSI 184), a dishwasher must: "Achieve a minimum 99.999% reduction of bacteria, reach a final rinse temperature of 150º, and unit operated on the sanitizing cycle". How does this dishwasher sanitize without a sanitize cycle?
- Answer Great question! For your reference the NSF certification, the steam model dishwashers the NSF is tested during the steam function, for non-steam models the NSF is tested during the high temp cycle. If the high temp option is added to the cycle, the indicator light will stay lit while the temperature get to 150 degrees and the dishes are properly sanitized. ^Jennifer
QuestionThe customer photos show a small square "10" in the upper right corner. Is that a sticker that can be removed?
- Answer It is a sticker that is on pretty firm and won’t be easy to peel off. I’ve left it alone and really don’t pay attention to it at this point.
- Answer The silverware basket does open or you can keep it closed and put utensils in each separate slot on the cover. It is also removable so when it's time to take care of your silverware you can take the entire basket out of the dishwasher. I love this feature and it has worked great. Hope this helps!
QuestionCan you please advise on how to use the lower rack as it often falls off the rails. The instructions invite us to pull from the middle, but it still falls off often when loading the plates in the back. Thank you so much!
- Answer Hello, please see the link, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQjG_m-0xnQ. If the issue hasn't resolve please contact our Customer support via direct message on Facebook so we could assist you.^Venette