Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $1,099.99
The previous price was $1,299.99
- Answer HI Mak. We regret to read that your recently purchased LG - 24" Top Control Smart Wi-Fi Dishwasher - QuadWash - TrueSteam - Steel Tub with Light - Stainless steel, Model # LDT7808ST is not drying and apologize for any inconvenience. This dishwasher uses a Hybrid Drying System which does not use a heating element during the drying process. ; instead, it relies on the heat that is retained by the dishes and the tub during the wash and rinse cycles to turn the moisture in the tub into humidity. Warm, moist air in the dishwasher is then pulled into a condensing duct in the door by a fan. The air then cools, which causes the humidity to condense. Room temperature air is also drawn into the duct to help the air cool down faster. When this moisture condenses into a liquid, it is drained out. Your water supply temperature should be a minimum of 120°F (49°C) and Rinse aid is strongly recommended to enhance the drying performance of the dishwasher because it plays an integral role in the drying process. If a rinse aid is not used, water may remain on the dishes and the tub. Rinse aid helps to ensure that the majority of the water has been sheeted off of the dishes at the end of the rinse and that the load is ready for the dry cycle. Drying performance is directly affected by the amount of heat that remains in the tub after the heated rinse is performed. If your dishwasher is far away from your home’s hot water heater, it may be necessary to run the hot water tap in the sink before starting a wash cycle, to ensure that cool water is purged from the hot water lines. This will ensure your dishwasher has a consistent supply of hot water from start to finish. Using the High Temp setting also aids in keeping the inner drum temperature and dishes hotter before drying begins. If a rinse aid is used and the performance still needs a boost, adjust the amount of rinse aid used. 2 is the default setting, but if necessary set the level to 3 so more rinse aid is used. Water tends to bead rather than sheet off plastic and nonstick surfaces, making them more difficult to dry. If washing plastic items in a Normal cycle, select the Extra Dry or Night Dry option or both for better drying results. When the rinse aid is empty, the Extra Dry option is selected automatically. Allow the dishwasher to completely finish the dry cycle before opening the door . If the door is opened in the middle of the dry cycle, the heat that is necessary for the hybrid dry system to work will escape. This will cause all of the dishes inside to remain wet once the cycle finishes...^IFV
QuestionDoes this model have a self-cleaning filter? Also, does it clean dishes that haven't been rinsed?
- Answer No, the filter is not self-cleaning. A self cleaning filter is a close relative of a garbage disposal, I have read. It uses more electricity and is noisier. Instead there is a filter in the front bottom about the size of a large can of baked beans. You reach in, give it a twist, pull it out and empty it into your garbage disposal, rinse and return it. It is a matter of philosophy, rather than saving money. They made this thing to be very quiet and very low energy use. I am looking for every convenience I can get, but this seemed like a decent trade-off. I haven't had any it leave behind any food yet, so I imagine it is mostly a matter of the less you scrape/rinse the sooner you have to empty the filter.
QuestionCan I put plates, pots and pans, and flatware strait into washer after use or do I have to prewash before I wash making having a dish pointless?
- Answer This dishwasher is amazing, you do not have to prewash, just make sure you use a steam setting.
- Answer The man who installed it used Sprayway Stainless Steel Polish and Cleaner. I haven't bought a can yet because I already had another brand, but the stainless steel polish works fine to clean the front.
Questionis their a comparable model without the handle that sticks out from the appliance. I need it recessed as a drawer creates a clearance problem. However, I want all of the features and noise level of this model, just can not work without a "pocket" handle!
- Answer This is the only LG model that comes in black matte. If you want an LG without a handle in black stainless or stainless without a handle, check out models LDP7808BD or LDP7808SS by LG. It has the same features as this model. If you aren’t interested in LG, check out Samsung, Kitchen Aid, and Bosch. They all have models with no handles.
QuestionHas anyone got this to work with Amazon Echo / Alexa? All the specs say it does but I can not get it to discover in the devices. I have enabled the skills needed.
- Answer I've gotten it to work. You just need to say the name you named your dishwasher within the LG app. It's an ok feature
- Answer Yes - my wife was able to remove it, and you cannot tell it was there. It's basically just a sticker, and a little lemon oil removes the sticky residue.
QuestionIs there a delayed start setting so we can have the machine start when the utility rates are lower?
- Answer Hello, yes it has a delay start option.^Venette
- Answer How much water the LG 24" Top Control Smart Wi-Fi Dishwasher - QuadWash™ System - TrueSteam® - Steel Tub with Light - PrintProof™ Black Stainless Steel, Model # LDT7808BD uses will depend on the chosen cycle. The auto cycle has an water usage of 13.8-25.0 L (3.6-6.6 gal), the Heavy cycle has a water usage of 26.9-32.0 L (7.1-8.4 gal), the Delicate cycle has a water usage of 19.7-24.8 L (5.2-6.6 gal), the Refresh cycle has a water usage of 7.8 L (2.1 gal), the Normal cycle has a water usage of 9.2-25.9 L (2.4-6.8 gal), the Turbo cycle has a water usage of 27.5 L (7.3 gal), Express cycle has a water usage of 20.4 L ( 5.4 gal), The Rinse cycle has a water usage of 6.8 L (1.8 gal) and Machine Clean has a water usage of 12.3 L (3.2 gal). Your actual water consumption will vary depending on soil level and hardness of water...^IFV
- Answer This model does not. If you are looking for this feature take a look at the GE Model #:GDT695SSJSS.
- Answer Hello, yes it is.^Venette
- Answer Please reach out to our support team on Facebook at @LGUSSupport and use #VOC in your first message to our social media support team. Please be sure to provide your name, phone number, address, email, model/serial numbers, and date of purchase and we will be happy to assist you. There are policies and procedures in place to ensure resolutions are consistent and fair. I am confident that we will work to provide an agreeable resolution.^Venette
QuestionDoes anyone that has this model know if it came with something called a Sound Insulation Sheet? It’s like a black rubberish type of sheet that flexes and goes up under the unit. Mine had it but an LG rep told me it wasn’t needed. Photo attached
- Answer Mine came with that black blanket. It makes the dishwasher almost soundproof. It just lays over the topand drapes down right and left. It does work very well.
QuestionI have an aunt who is 83 and is losing her vision . She wants a dishwasher with interior lights. When do lights come on and how bright does it make the inside.
- Answer I am not sure about that, no guidance is offered in the manual for this issue. Please seek help on the LG Community Forum at https://lgcommunity.us.com/. The LG Community Forum is a great resource for getting help from other LG customers. ^Venette
- Answer Hey suz, I have the same chime, is it normal? It seems like it comes during drying
QuestionWe have had this LG model LDT7808SS dishwasher for a few weeks. I love how quiet it is, but during what I think is the "dry" or "steam drying" cycle, there is a hum. I have used the Auto cycle and the Normal cycle. Is this okay?
- Answer I don't believe a hum would be a problem. I have not noticed it, but mostly I walk away after starting the DW, then come back to my sparkling dishes!