Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $2,399.99
QuestionIs the center griddle removable so that you have slide-across grates? I don't see any pictures without it.
- Answer Yes the griddle is removable and there is an oval shaped burner with grates just like the rest
QuestionI called LG, to ask about the LP conversion kit, they say it is included but, one of the questions here asks this same question, and says the kit is not included. Is the conversion kit included, or is it not included? If not where can I buy it?
- Answer The LG LG Black Stainless Steel Series 6.3 cu. ft. Gas Slide-in Range with ProBake Convection® and EasyClean®, Model # LSG4513BD can be converted for use with LP (Liquefied Propane) gas and the LP Conversion Kit comes attached on the back of the unit. ^CP
QuestionWe bought a stove that got extremely hot when the oven was on i.e. 400 inside 300 outside causing injury. Our island is in the middle of the kitchen and people touch that venting portion all the time. Does this model have heat issues?
- Answer The LG Black Stainless Steel Series 6.3 cu. ft. Gas Slide-in Range with ProBake Convection® and EasyClean®, Model # LSG4513BD has air openings located at the rear of the cooktop (vent trim), at the top and bottom of the oven door and at the bottom of the range. These vents and air openings provide the inlets and outlets that are necessary for the range to operate properly with correct combustion and should not be blocked. The oven is vented through ducts at the center above the burner grate. The oven vent should not be blocked when cooking to allow for proper air flow. You have to avoid touching vent openings or nearby surfaces during any cooking operation. Metal items left on the cooktop may become very hot and could cause burns. Handles of pots and pans on the cooktop may become hot if left too close to the vent and plastic or flammable items left on the cooktop may melt or ignite if left too close to the vent. This range oven is not designed for downdraft systems and must not be installed with a ventilation system that blows air downward toward the range. This type of ventilation system may cause ignition and combustion problems with the gas cooking appliance resulting in personal injury or unintended operation...^IFV
QuestionDoes this range have a lip that extends over the counter to prevent spills from going between the range and the counter?
- Answer No it does not have a lip.
QuestionI noticed with other slide in ranges, that there is a lip on either side of the top. I don't see that on this range, so can it be used as a freestanding range?
- Answer The main difference between freestanding and slide-in ranges is installation. While freestanding ranges can stand alone or be installed between cabinets, slide-in ranges are specifically designed to sit between cabinets for a seamless look. There must be cabinets on each side a slide-in range because the side panels are not finished. Some slide-in ranges have a slightly protruding cooktop that rests on top of the countertop on each side. This is a nice feature as it keeps food and debris from falling between the range and adjacent cabinetry. As noted, the LG 6.3 Cu. Ft. Self-Cleaning Slide-In Gas Range with ProBake Convection - Stainless Steel, Model # LSG4513ST does not have a protruding cooktop that rests on top of the countertop on each side. However, there is an LG Slide-In Filler Kit, Model # LSFL301S that covers the side gaps between the slide-in range and the Countertop...^IFV
QuestionHas anyone had a problem with the black finish flaking or peeling? I understand the black is just a thin coating over stainless steel. I've read numerous people outraged at the flaking and I'm wondering if this LG model is prone to that?
- Answer You should not have an issue with the unit flaking. Should you need assistance with this issue, do not hesitate to connect with us directly via Twitter @LGUSSupport or Facebook www.Facebook.com/LGSupportUSA ^CP
QuestionIs the ProBake Convection feature European/True Convection (heating element located behind the fan)? Thanks.
- Answer Hi Kevin. The ProBake Convection® feature in the LG LG - 6.3 Cu. Ft. Self-Cleaning Slide-In Gas Convection Range with ProBake Convection - Stainless steel, Model # LSG4513ST has a heating element and convection fan that are located on the back wall of the oven. This component, which other manufacturers have called pure, true or European convection, is made up of a heating element that surrounds a convection fan that warms the air as it circulates throughout the oven cavity for faster and more even baking...^IFV
- Answer Yes. You can use your own pan. The grill is removable.
QuestionHow difficult is the stainless top to get clean when wiping up spills? What product do you recommend to use to clean it?
- Answer A company called Weimann's makes several different household cleaners, including stainless steel wipes that I have found most effective in cleaning stove top stainless.The wipes are non-abrasive and leave a bright shiny surface.
QuestionDoes this oven have a feature for switching between conventional and convection, or can it be used solely as a convection oven?
- Answer Yes, just turn the knob to either bake or to convection.
- Answer It is stainless steel !
QuestionWhen you set the oven temperature, does the control panel show the actual temperature in the oven as it is heating, e.g. 200F, then 205F, then 210F.. etc, or does it just show the temperature that you set the oven to?
- Answer It shows the actual temperature as it rises and chimes when it reaches desired temp
QuestionDoes any on the LG slide in gas ranges have a down draft? My range is in my island and I need a down draft range. Thanks.
- Answer Unfortunately, LG does not manufacture any downdraft ranges.