Questions & Answers
- QuestionIs this stackable with a dryer? (6 Answers)Answers
- QuestionOnce it is paired with the matching washer can it run independently or do both have to be running at the same time to use it? (5 Answers)Answers
It can run independently. We often use it that way. Note that it has its own plumbing and electrical. Make sure your outlet in the laundry room, which is usually a single 30 amp three-prong, is either changed to a double-outlet or you have an adapter that can handle the current if both waster and sidekick are running.
- QuestionWill it stack with LG waher/dryer combo, such as this one WM3997HWA? (0 Answers)
- QuestionHow is the sidekick washer protected from the leaks in the front load washer? (3 Answers)Answers
I'm not sure MikeB fully understood your question. Unfortunately, I can't really answer your question as I just had the sidekick delivered today with my new washer, dryer and pedestal, but I understand your question. I didn't see anything special to prevent water penetration, other than it seems there is a "ledge" on top that would deflect the water I guess. This is my 3rd set of LG front loaders and the last 2 sets both leaked onto the floor on occasion (this is the first time with pedestals. So, I agree, this is an area of concern now that there are electronics under the washer that will get leaked on.
- QuestionDoes the Sidekick require its OWN extended warranty, or would it be covered by the extended warranty of the "mother" washer? (1 Answer)Answers
I inquired about this when I purchased mine and was informed there isn't one for the SideKick, but it should be covered under the "mother" washer. Who knows the validity of this, but being there isn't an extended warranty offered for it, it may be true. I hope I never have to find out.
- QuestionWhy is the washer so big if it only has 1.0 cu ft capacity? Is all the space above this just an empty 'box' for show? I'd rather just save the space and buy one that's sized to 1 cubic foot. (2 Answers)Answers
You are not very observant, are you? It is a 'pedestal washer'. A regular washer sits on top of this separate device that takes the same space as the typical pedestal you see as an accessory to many washers to elevate them for access.
- QuestionWhat is the combined height & width of the LG front loader full size washer on top of the side kick companion small load washer? (1 Answer)
- QuestionIs it possible to have two (2) LG - SideKick(s) stacked on each other, sitting below the washer and function? (2 Answers)
- QuestionWhat are the dimensions? (2 Answers)Answers
The unit is the same dimensions as the pedestal. It operates as a pull-out drawer with a pop-up lid. If you have enough room to open the washer door above it you'll have enough room for the pull-out. If you are buying the washer, which comes with its own hoses, I'd recommend buying upgraded hoses for the washer and use the washer hoses for the sidekick.
- QuestionCan LG-Sidekick 1.0 Cu. ft. 6-cycle high-efficiency pedestal washer work independently without the large LG washer? (5 Answers)Answers
I watched the installation, and it seems possible to run it independently. The sidekick has its own electrical and plumbing, so it doesn't depend on the washer for filling nor draining. One issue to check is the warranty condition: does it require that a waster be on top of it to fulfill the warranty requirements?
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions