Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $449.99
- Answer It's a toggle like those old ThinkPad laptops red button. It it got smashed you'll have to get it repaired. It's sensitive but super intuitive.
QuestionI heard that for the PS5, which I have, that you can switch off between 4k @ 60hz, or if you're playing an online game, you could change back to 1080p @ 144hz. I just got the PS5 and would love both capabilities, but I want to make sure this is true.
- Answer Ps5 has a frame limit of 120 so 144 would do nothing for you. Also this monitor is not a 4k monitor so you would be leaving half the pixels
- Answer I’m not asking 4K 120hz I’m not at idiot I’m asking 1440p 120hz
- Answer This is a Plug and Play monitor and doesn't require drivers. If you are in need of assistance with using a monitor, give our computer specialists a call at 800-243-0000. ^Daphane
QuestionWith my Xbox Series X, how do I get the 1440p with 120hz? Also, the brightness is at 100 but I feel like it needs to be brighter. Also, I can not adjust the color temp/contrast/etc. how do I access those?
- Answer Please reach out to our support team via direct message Twitter or Facebook @LGUSSupport or call at 800-243-0000. Please be sure to provide your contact information, model/serial numbers and date of purchase. ^Daphane
QuestionWhat is the difference between this monitor and the 27GL83-A? I am comparing and see pretty much no difference at all besides the price
- Answer Model ending A is an older model
QuestionI bought this monitor three days ago, the LG 27GN850 for play on my series x. The reason I bought it is because I wanted to play at 1440p for better picture and higher refresh rate. See the thing is the monitor is allowing to play at 3840x2160 60hz why?
- Answer Same thing happened to me. You have to change the settings on the Xbox. Change it to 1440 and 120hz, and make it so 4K isn’t allowed otherwise it will try to switch to 4K. Then, turn off freesync on the monitor’s settings to allow 120hz.
QuestionWhy am I getting max resolution of 3840x2160 if it's only a 1440p monitor? I'm able to hit this resolution on my series x at 60hz?
- Answer That's interesting cause the manual shows maximum resolution is 2560 x 1440 @ 144 Hz (HDMI). Verify your model. For further assistance, please reach out to our support team on Twitter via @LGUSSupport or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LGUSA or call at 800-243-0000. ^Daphane
QuestionI just got this monitor, and it will not let me have my display settings to 1440p at 120hz on my xbox series x. I have turned off Adaptive Sync, HDR is off and it will still not let me select those settings. I have looked everywhere, but nothing worked.
- Answer I have this monitor paired with my Series X and it is allowing me to enable 1440p at 120hz. Try disabling "Allow 4k" in video settings. This monitor can accept a 4k signal and will downscale it, so that may be the problem.
- Answer Use DP 1.4 cable to achieve full 144 Hz refresh.
QuestionDoes this monitor support 144hz at 1440P? I have seen reviews saying it only supports 144hz at 1080P AND 100HZ at 1440P. Is this a fact?
- Answer Are you going to be plugged in on the council via HDMI? Or a PC with a display port?
- Answer Yes, the monitor will support 2560 x 1440p @ 120Hz with HDMI(Free sync Premium Off) or DisplayPort. ^Daphane
QuestionHow is it watching 1080p youtube videos on it? Is there noticable blurr or no? I want to use this monitor for some gaming and watching youtube videos and movies. Most youtube videos are still in 1080p. Thanks
- Answer For daily videos and movies 1080 is great, I've been gamming at 2k 144hz it has some serious ghosting that maybe can be fixed but overall great monitor
QuestionCan the stand be used with monitors that don't accept the quick attachment bracket, i.e. monitors that require screws? I bought a wall mount, and want to give away or sell this stand. I can't tell if it's a standard mount.
- Answer It has a VESA 100mm x 100mm mount point on the back.
QuestionI've tried using this monitor with both an Xbox One X and Xbox Series X, and still can't get it to do 1440p @ 120 Hz over HDMI - it only allows me to do 1080p @ 120 Hz or 1440p @ 60 Hz. Is the monitor able to actually support 1440p @ 120 Hz with an Xbox?
- Answer I had the same problem if you turn the premium free sync off on the monitor settings and go to your Xbox settings, and go to video modes turn off allow 4K and turn off allow 50Hz. Turn on allow ycc 4:2:2 and it will work . I have two Xbox series x’s and I bought two of these monitors and I got 1440p at 120hz on both
Questiondoes this monitor support 4K?
- Answer This monitor offers a maximum resolution of 2560 x 1440 @ 144 Hz via HDMI/DP. The recommended resolution is 2560 x 1440 @ 100 Hz (HDMI) or 2560 x 1440 @ 144 Hz (DP). This monitor does not have HDMI 2.1 and will not support 4K@120Hz. ^Daphane