Questions & Answers
- QuestionWhat all is included in box? (11 Answers)
What all do I need to set up this router, besides an internet connection? Do I use Ethernet wires to connect to the different components or HDMI cords? How many components can I hook into this model? This model is wired, is this good or bad? And what situations is wired best used? And lastly how many mbps will I need to run streaming movies on a 60" plasma tv, 2 computers, a bluray dvd, a speaker bar, and a Roku3.
Closed to new AnswersAnswers
I didn't plug anything into the router other than the Ethernet connection to the modem. I set up everything wireless. I don't know the limit of wireless connections, but I have three computers, a printer, and two smart phones that communicate with it. In my box, I got the router, a power converter with the needed wall plug and connection to the router, and short Ethernet cable. The router has a USB connection and 4 Ethernet connections in addition to the input connector. Can't answer your question regarding the mbps.
- QuestionDoes the Linksys AC1200+ come with an internal modem? (11 Answers)
- Questiondo I have to set up an account with Linksys to completely activate this router (10 Answers)
- QuestionANTENNA (11 Answers)Answers
- Questioncan you name both bands 2.4 and 5 the same name and password. What happens when devices such as a smart TV hooks up to this? Which band will it use? Will this cause any problems? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIs there a setting to extend the range? (10 Answers)Answers
I got a WiFi range extender for 40 bucks put it at the 50-75% strength region and it fixed my range issues, only thing that sucks is that you have to buy something else.
I Would Recommend:
- QuestionDoes this router allow me to set time usage of internet on certain days. for example we have 3 kids and on school nights we need it to shut off at 10pm and weekends at 12am etc? (5 Answers)
- QuestionAre the antennas removable so I can hook up outdoor Yagi antenna (5 Answers)
- QuestionCurrently dont have internet. Does this provide it, or does it extend internet if you already have a provider? Looking for a good but cheap internet p (10 Answers)Answers
Hi, Motherof1. The Linksys EA6350 is a plain router. You need to have an Internet Service Provider in order to have internet access. When configured, you'll be able to share and connect multiple devices; both wired and wireless. Should you need more information, email us at LinksysCares@linksys.com.
- QuestionI need an auto detect modem/router combo with exterior antennas that will work with centurylink. Will this one do that? (10 Answers)
A phone tech suggested I get this so we could have service extended from our house to a guest house. At the moment wifi doesn't even go into our master bedroom and the tech said due to interference with TV on outside bedroom wall.
Closed to new AnswersAnswers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions