Questions & Answers
- Questionis this router easy to set up?? (10 Answers)Answers
Yes set up was a breeze. I work in networking and it only took 5 minutes to set it up with all of the advanced features. You just plug in the router and open a webpage type in the ip address and it basically gives you a step by step walk through.
- QuestionIs a Linksys EA 6400 router ok with a modem or should I buy a Xfinity TG862g router? (3 Answers)
I have a linksys router with a comcast Arris modem. I want to turn the modem in to save 10.00 a month. Should I just buy a cheap modem or the Xfinity TG862G router? Is my linksys EA6400 good enough with a new modem?Answers
Personally, I bought a modem under $100. You will make your money if you plan on having internet more than 10 months. There are nice modems for $75-$100 that may even be better than what Xfinity offers. This is of course a personal choice but I don't like renting things like these when I can just own it and get more out of it. Your EA6400 should work well with a new modem. You will need to call Xfinity to set up your own modem but that should be an easy process. Hope this helps!
- QuestionCan this router provide signal to a Samsung Smart TV? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes this router really weigh 20 lbs? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIs this router a good choice for a large house (5,000 sq ft)? (7 Answers)Answers
My home is 3k square feet and no issues have been noted. What I'd recommend if you do find some dead spots is to purchase a wall wifi outlet extender. All you do is plug it into an electrical outlet , sync it with your main router via online guidance and whenever you're in that dead spot room you allow for your devices to automatically connect to it for continued wifi connection. It's a one time deal as your devices will remember wifi connections after you connect to them once..
- QuestionThe product description says that the antennas are detachable to extend the range, can anyone explain this? Do I detach the antenna and plug it in somewhere else in the house to extend the range? Thanks! (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIs there any major thing I should consider whether I buy the EA7500 model (1900 AC) vs. the EA8500 model (2600 AC)? House is 2200 sq. Ft., currently have the EA6350 and it does not do the job with multiple devices, video gamers, and movie streamers. (3 Answers)Answers
The answer to you're question lies more in what kind of ISP you have. It's pretty hard to sturate the 1900 dual bandwidth routers. So unless you have 15+ devices all doing tasks at the same time, shouldn't really be the issue. Now if you have four or five devices doing real intensive networking tasks like sharing large files over the local net. That would benefit from more bandwidth. If just watching two Netflix movies and playing cod4 is causing buffering, the problem if you're ISP not the router.
- QuestionWill this router work with windows 7? And will it work out in the country with Time WArner? (4 Answers)Answers
- Questionwhat telephone modem would work best with brighthouse (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionWill it work with charter services in St Louis (4 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions