Questions & Answers
- QuestionDoes the range extender generate a different SSID that must be joined or does it "mesh" host routers SSID? (5 Answers)Answers
Hi, Break9! During the initial setup, the RE7000 will connect to your existing wireless networks. However, you can configure the unit manually and change the extended network name to your preference. To learn how to set up the Linksys RE7000 to work as a range extender, check out this link: http://www.linksys.com/ph/support-article?articleNum=187986 . To manually change the settings of the RE7000, click on this link: http://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=187984 .
- QuestionWhat is the maximum distance away from the modem that this repeater will boost a satellite internet service? (3 Answers)Answers
Hi, DEEDEE. This range extender (RE7000) is capable to increase your wireless range up to 10,000 square feet. However, thick walls, metal objects, appliances, and mirrors will cause interference that will affect the performance of your device. You may refer to this link to learn more about the product : http://www.linksys.com/us/p/P-RE7000/#product-features
- QuestionIs the Linksys AC1900 compatible with a Westell Router Modem 7500? (4 Answers)Answers
While yes it is compatible with the Westell Router Modem 7500 you wouldn't receive many of the benefits of the range extender because the router modem you have is a very dated Wireless-G model. This Range Extender is two generations forward and may not fix your range problems. I would recommend a newer router in its place because those will mostly likely solve your issues, and at this price range you can get a very substantial router that will offer a significantly better solution. I will include a couple of recommendations in its place.
I Would Recommend:
- Questioni keep losing wi-fi in my room on my ps4 will this device give me better signal. we have at&t u-verse cisco. ps4 is new and in the down stairs bedroom will this give me better signal ? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIt works 110-220v ? (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionHi - will this allow me to connect a 2.4 ghz printer to a 5 ghz network? Thank you (3 Answers)Answers
- Questioncan i plug it at 220 w ac, for example in Argentina. I need a transformer for the power ? (2 Answers)Answers
- Questionwill this wi-fi boost my signal to my ps4 i have AT&T U-verse cisco . keep losing or week signal late at night when no one is using any wi-fi and in the afternoon when no one but me r home ??? (3 Answers)Answers
Yes definitely - just make sure you extend the 2.4GHz network (unless you have a new PS4 Slim/Pro that supports the 5Ghz network). The key point is that you have to install the extender not where the PS4 is but somewhere in the middle between the PS4 and the main router - so this device acts as a 'half-way' repeater. You still need to have a good signal to the repeater from the main wifi for it to carry onto the PS4 but then the PS4 should connect to this without any problems,
- QuestionWill this extender boost the wifi signal from my LOREX 4 camera wireless security system so I can move them further from the base station? I need to boost the camera wifi signals as well as my home internet wifi. Each camera has a separate channel. (2 Answers)Answers
No, Rich12. The Linksys RE7000 can only extend the wireless signal coming from your wireless router or access point so you can get Wi-Fi signal on your wireless devices to hard-to-reach areas in your house. To know more about the RE7000, click on this link: http://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=187978.
- QuestionDoes it work with Mac systems, extending an Airport setup? (2 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions