Questions & Answers
- QuestionCan the remote connect via IR and WiFi simultaneously? (11 Answers)Answers
It depends on your setup. The remotes that come with the hub only talk to the hub and do not send any IR signal themselves (although some can if so configured) and they talk to the hub wirelessly. Therefore you can put the hub anywhere within wireless range, or if using wifi (iPhone, android) to control the hub anywhere within wifi range, and the hub will control anything that IT can sen IR signals to. Since the hub can use two (or four with splitters) IR blasters and the hub has an IR blaster built in you can control IR devices in three (or 5) separate enclosed areas. Typically this is the main room, and the shelves inside a closed cabinet, but a closet and other areas would work.
- QuestionTV DVD remote (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan I copy my current programming from my Harmony Model 915 to this one, or do I have to re-enter everything? (3 Answers)
- QuestionBattery (11 Answers)
- QuestionIf connected to Smart Things, does each device on ST count as 1 device each? Or do all my devices on ST count as 1? (3 Answers)
Does the remote control my ST hub, then the hub control my ST devices, therefor count as 1 device out of the 8? Or if I have 8 devices connected to my ST hub, is each device going to count as one, using up all 8 devices the remote is limited to?Answers
- QuestionThe harmony trade in program says it will give $50 off this item. Since it's on sale right now, does it take $50 off the sale price or the non-sale price? (0 Answers)
- QuestionI have all my components in our closet and the TV is outside on a wall. Remote sends RF to Hub and Hub uses IR (with the IR booster) or RF to communicate with devices, correct? Also, will remote work our TV w/out the Hub since Hub would be in closet? (5 Answers)Answers
It sounds like your system is setup just like mine. The remote uses the wifi network as well as RF, whatever is easier for the remote to communicate it will use. The hub does need to be connected for the entire remote system to work. The system is designed to have the hub in a cabinet...it will operate the TV with no issues.
- QuestionCan the Harmony 700 remote control be paired with the Harmony Hub or do I have to buy an additional remote control?. I'm really interested in the Alexa compatibility. Need to know asap please help (4 Answers)
- QuestionWhat's the difference between this remote and the Harmony Smart Control when it comes to using it with Google Home? Or with other smart devices? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan I buy one phone/hub and then buy an extra remote for the bedroom? (2 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions