Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $699.99
QuestionI am trying to get the new Mac Mini M1 with 16Gb of RAM, but it does not let me choose the 16GB option. Does that mean it is out of stock?
- Answer I have the same question- will this be available, and when?
- Answer The i3 is a tricycle and the M1 is a Ferrari.
- Answer Be careful at Best Buy. They seem to only sell the 8G model at this time. If you increase the RAM in the selection, it will automatically change the processor version. Other answers are correct about it not being user upgradeable. Can't get anything better than 8G at Best Buy right now.
- Answer An HDMI cable
QuestionWhat else do I need to buy to set up a new system to replace my old, tired 2011 iMac desktop? I have new Magic Mouse and bluetooth keyboard and 2011 Time Machine.
- Answer If you can use your old iMac in target mode, you need a cable for that. Otherwise you need an HDMI cable or perhaps Thunderbolt 3 cable for video output, assuming you’re using it as a desktop and not hiding it headless in a closet, and whatever sort of monitor/TV that works with that cable. You’ve already got a mouse and keyboard, so that’s all you need to worry about. The MacMini is aimed at people that already have existing peripherals like you have.
- Answer Purchase a USB-C to SD Card Reader Adapter from Apple or something similar, or in my case, purchase a USB-C Hub with Hard Drive Enclosure, Hagibis Type-C Docking Station & Stand for Mac Mini M1 with SATA, USB 3.0, SD/TF Card Reader, and USB 2.0 Ports for New MM M1 Laptop (Silver for Mac Mini 2020) and expand your hard drive storage space by purchasing 1 TB SSD hard drive.
I would recommend:
QuestionIs this Mac mini version compatible with LG tv’s? The ones from previous years were not they displayed a black screen.
- Answer Yes it is. I specifically bought an LG smart tv for the monitor and it loaded perfectly. Now I have a monitor And TV in one.
- Answer Yes, but with the following stipulations: it must be a late 2009 iMac with a 27 inch screen. Target display mode only works with these 2 conditions. Of course you will need the proper usb c to DisplayPort cable as well.
- Answer Yes you can. You can even set the audio output to your HomePod by default.
- Answer Not by you. From what I have seen all Apple computers are sealed units and can not be opened by normal users unless you want to take the chance of damaging them. It would also void any warranty. The cost of having it done by Apple trained technicians probably would be cost prohibitive.