Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $2,499.00
- Answer If you purchase a 2021 MacBook model (14” or 16”), how “adequate” memory for gaming will depend on what kind of gaming you are looking to do. For instance, if you are just going to play games through the AppStore or Apple Arcade 16GB RAM will be more than enough. However, with gaming services such as GeoForce Now work on being more adaptable with MacOS, 16GB on these new machines may begin be used up in larger quantities. To make it simple, 16GB on the new 2021 MacBook Pros should be good for most gaming, but if you are looking more long term and interested in using more machine stressing services (GeoForce Now), then I’d look at models with 32GB RAM.
QuestionIs this laptop able to do renderings? For school I need to do renderings and really want a Mac but I do not know if it can handle renders.
- Answer yes - the higher specced versions of these laptops are as powerful as any laptops made. they can definitely handle any and all 3-d rendering you need to do.
- Answer Given this Mac gave us back the ports, and a brand new HDMI port, popping in and from your home desktop is easy as ever. You can make it even easier by purchasing a USB-C dock, so that you can plug ALL your peripherals up (into the dock) and connect that dock with one USB-C cord to enable all your peripherals functionality.
QuestionDo these laptops sold through BestBuy qualify for the Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty on hardware? I don't see anything mentioned in the details section of the site.
- Answer Yes. We’ve bought over a dozen Macs for our business and Apple has honored the one year hardware warranty.
QuestionIf I already have purchased Final Cut and Logic Pro for my new IMac M1 do I have to purchase them over again for my new laptop M1 Pro?
- Answer Absolutely not, those programs are locked to your Apple ID. So simply signing into the Mac App Store with your trusty Apple ID, will enable Final Cut and Logic Pro to be downloaded completely free.
- Answer I pulled the trigger on a 15” pro Vega (4GB of VRAM) in 2018 (roughly $3,899) and it would hiccup during cad renders. Booting up Cinema4D, Blender, or anything of that nature is easy for this baseline 16”. 10GB of graphics performance in this machine certainly isn’t a joke.
QuestionWill this be able to run quickbooks and have enough storage? i want to get away from my desktop but i have some concern i will fill it up. Not sure i'm asking this correctly. I am also considering going to Quickbooks online
- Answer You should definitely migrate to QuickBooks online - it will run much faster.
- Answer Not sure if Best Buy does an annual college savings marketing campaign (maybe google it?) but Apple’s retail store’s and Apple’s website will allow you to apply student discount. Given you have proof of being a student in someway.
QuestionWill the latest model of the Mac Book Pros with the Apple 1 Pro chip run the latest version of Photo Shop and light Room. This is for immediate purchase. Thank you.
- Answer Yes it supports the Adobe Creative Suite.
QuestionWhat kind of external DVD drive do I have to buy for this model? AND…what accessories (if any) are included ? So far, I am a remorseful buyer of this product.
- Answer You can buy the Apple super drive and use USC-A to USB-C adapter. I’ve plugged my old one in to play a DVD.
Questionis this MacBook Pro 16 M1Pro work good for music production : Logic Pro X, FL Studio, Ableton and editing 4k , 8K video :Final Cut Pro ? Does it gets overheat, overload for doing that or MacBook will run apps, program run slow. Thank you.
- Answer It’s great for those types of workflows. This thing never overheats I can have it sitting on a blanket covering the vents and it still won’t throttle or overheat.
- Answer Only though Apple’s website, through a custom configuration.