Questions & Answers
QuestionDoes this particular washer (MVW7232HW) have an option to use an agitator if you have deeply soiled laundry?
- Answer MVW7230HW has the agitator.
- Answer There’s a pull out drawer over the top of the drum when you open the lid. You add softener and detergent there. Bleach is added in the front right corner. If you’re using powder detergent you take the small liquid tray out of the drawer and add your powder.
QuestionHi, do you have to use the wifi feature (which I understand there is a charge of $1/ month) or can you just disconnect or not connect the wifi for washer use? thank you Stay well
- Answer No need to use the WiFi. It works well without it
QuestionWhat do you do with detergent tabs with the pull out tray? Do you just throw them in the drum to wash? Thanks.
- Answer Yes you put them in the drum
QuestionSince I do not set a load size for the water level on this washer, the washer seems able to determine the size of the load, and automatically adjusts the water level. How do I match that with the correct amount of HE liquid detergent to use?
- Answer Hello gulfalien! We would recommend following the instructions on the detergent container for the amount of the load you are doing. We hope this helps.
Questionthis washer does'nt seem to spin my towels good they are heavy with dampness an taking much longer to dry now an I think this washer is awful loud I am 3 floors up an still can hear it anyone else seem to have this problem?
- Answer Hello MINETOO! We are terribly sorry to hear about your concern. We would recommend contacting Maytag® at 800-344-1274. We are available Monday & Tuesday 8 AM - 8 PM and Wednesday through Friday 9 AM - 7 PM. They will be better able to assist you.
- Answer I wash my king size comforter which is a tad on the thick side with ease. I've owned 4 sets of machines now and this one washes so far the best out of all of them.
QuestionI see there’s 10 years warranty on the Maytag unit . Do you know what is covered under Maytag’s warranty ? And how it is different than the story warranty.
- Answer Hi Kelly, thank you for your question. We would recommend viewing the Warranty information Page at https://content.syndigo.com/asset/06096c34-2160-4edb-9a49-37ff5b1e4565/original.pdf for a comprehensive guide as to the warranty for this 5.3 Cu. Ft. 13-Cycle Top-Load Washer with Extra Power Button.
QuestionHi. Are you able to select the water temperature for each load? Also, I see there is not a Permanent Press Cycle. What cycle replaces this?
- Answer Use normal cycle for permanent press- you can adust the water temperature. Look at the little screen when you touch the start button, you should see some arrows- find the temp and press until you get the desired temp.
- Answer Boogity, there should be very few suds if any n your washer
QuestionDoes this model have a deep water setting? I am so tired of having my clothing have dry spots where no water penetrated the fabric. I do not over load. I cannot find a washer that washes comforters thoroughly. 5.3 cu. ft. 13 cycle top load washer with
- Answer The washer does have a heavy-duty cycle.
QuestionWe connected our unit to wifi to download a firmware update. Now the unit won't make any sound, no matter what "cycle signal" is set to. How do we re-enable all chimes and sound? Putting a price ($0.99/mo) on firmware updates is unconscionable, Maytag!!
- Answer Hi Charles, thanks for the review. We regret to hear that your appliance is not living up to your standards and are happy to look into this with you. Please reach out to us directly via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/maytag or Twitter @MaytagCare. Let’s see what we can do for you!
- Answer If your washer does not have a soak cycle you are unable to soak.